Sign in with
Your question

New motherboard what will happen to OS?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 7, 2011 11:27:12 PM

i have windows vista 32bit and i am getting a new motherboard.What will happen when i boot up my computer with the new motherboard in?will i have to re-install it?If so how do i do it?I have no disk because it was already on the computer

More about : motherboard happen

a c 717 V Motherboard
August 7, 2011 11:48:12 PM

No, in most cases, scripted OEM OS exceptions aside, simply boot to the new MOBO and install the updated and correct drivers per your OS {Vista 32-bit/x86} from the NEW MOBO's website. A non OEM Windows installation has full drivers and libraries - same as any installation.

You will have to re-activate Windows from Microsoft; perhaps online or maybe from calling them directly - you'll be prompted.
August 9, 2011 8:17:38 PM

jaquith said:
No, in most cases, scripted OEM OS exceptions aside, simply boot to the new MOBO and install the updated and correct drivers per your OS {Vista 32-bit/x86} from the NEW MOBO's website. A non OEM Windows installation has full drivers and libraries - same as any installation.

You will have to re-activate Windows from Microsoft; perhaps online or maybe from calling them directly - you'll be prompted.

thank you.
!