Sign in with
Your question

Bootup Issue

Last response: in Storage
December 28, 2012 12:07:44 AM

Hello,

I just upgraded my computer today with a new processor and mobo. (i7 3770k and desktop board dz77ga extreme series).
I have everything all set and ready to go, however at bootup I get the issue:

"PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent " then blue screen of death about the harddrive and restarts computer in a loop.

I have searched around and tried a few solutions but they did not work.

I disabled Boot on Network, tried plugging in the HDD into a different SATA port, made sure SATA chipset is AHCI, selected boot from harddrive in boot menu.

I thought it would have been a harddrive issue so I took one from a computer in my household which I know works 100% and still the same problem occurs. However, after changing around some bios settings (mainly the disable network), the media test failure does not show up, and then at the OS load screen it still gives the blue screen and restarts the computer.

Like I said, I've tried more than one harddrive so it can't be that the harddrive is faulty. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

More about : bootup issue

a b G Storage
December 28, 2012 12:41:48 AM

I don't know exactly from your description what you have done, however if you are trying to boot from an existing installation of Windows then you need to reinstall windows. If you are getting this error when you are trying to boot from the Windows install DVD then the most likely cause is problem memory.
!