Radeon 5770 Display Driver Stopped Responding

ProjectOne

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
afternoon all :)
hi, this thread has been popping up all over the internet n is pissing the livin hell owta every1 i shud imagine,

to save me retyping it all
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/276896-15-radeon-5750-display-driver-stopped-responding

ill brief it, basically when im performing general computering my screen will go checkered, crash, turn a solid colour and respond and return to desktop...(sometimes) other times i have to force shutdown, but if it does respond i get a noteification that the Display Driver Stops Responding and has recovered, however when the card is under load (gaming) its fine,

believe it or not i got rid of the problem...... then my pc started to get cocky when POST'ing, it would hit n miss , it would turn on, fans go full belt but no POST =/ curious i ran the windows mem diagnostics , n it sed i had a problem =/ so i took it into technicians for them to properly diagnose the problem, n to my surprise they didnt fix the problem but added to it by giving me this bloody driver error back, it was fine before it went in >.> anyways, ive been looking on the internet, came here n a guy called Battsman found a workaround whereby i have to create a new profile n set the idle parameters higher so it was more stable at idle , so i did this but when i opened notepad to edit the files values of the new profile it was suspicially HIGH

<Feature name="AutoTuneSupport" />
<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="40000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="60000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="85000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="120000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="120000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="120000" />

i dont wanna apply this profile as those idle values seem a lil high if u ask me, i dont know if its values were that high because it was made when playing a game...... so that the troubled crashing didnt occur when setting up the profile, any1 got any advice? also if ur HD 5770 works fine idle, what are your idle values?

PC specs
cpu: Intel core 2 duo E8500 3.16Ghz
ram:Team Group Inc 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz
psu: ocz modXstream pro 700W
gpu: XFX radeon HD 5770
mobo: Intel® Desktop Board DP45SG

G

hello, I got the same issue with 5770 and windows 7 64 bit... still searching why :/