How do you install a ut4mod?

How do you install the Remote_strike_2004.ut4mod? I've been trying to open
it using setup.exe and ut2004.exe in the system directory and they both give
me a critical error, any suggestions?
8 answers Last reply
More about install ut4mod
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Schism enlightened us with:
    > How do you install the Remote_strike_2004.ut4mod? I've been trying to
    > open it using setup.exe and ut2004.exe in the system directory and
    > they both give me a critical error, any suggestions?

    Ehmm... post the error?

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    UT2004 Setup Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]
    OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
    CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2142 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: No Video
    Setup: Unknown disposition
    History: USetupDefinition::Init <- WFilerWizard::WFilerWizard <- Setup
    Is what I get when I try to open it with setup.exe

    UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]
    OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
    CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2142 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4400 (5216)
    General protection fault!
    History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <-
    UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
    Is what I get when I try to open it with UT2004.exe

    "MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message
    > Schism enlightened us with:
    > > How do you install the Remote_strike_2004.ut4mod? I've been trying to
    > > open it using setup.exe and ut2004.exe in the system directory and
    > > they both give me a critical error, any suggestions?
    >
    > Ehmm... post the error?
    >
    > MeltDown
    > --
    > !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
    > ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    > !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Schism enlightened us with:
    > UT2004 Setup Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]
    > OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
    > CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2142 MHz with 511MB RAM
    > Video: No Video
    > Setup: Unknown disposition
    > History: USetupDefinition::Init <- WFilerWizard::WFilerWizard <- Setup
    > Is what I get when I try to open it with setup.exe

    This is weird. Are you sure the file you downloaded is the right file?

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Eh, what do you mean? It's the remote strike mod that I downloaded from
    fileplanet.

    > Schism enlightened us with:
    > > UT2004 Setup Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]
    > > OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
    > > CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2142 MHz with 511MB RAM
    > > Video: No Video
    > > Setup: Unknown disposition
    > > History: USetupDefinition::Init <- WFilerWizard::WFilerWizard <- Setup
    > > Is what I get when I try to open it with setup.exe
    >
    > This is weird. Are you sure the file you downloaded is the right file?
    >
    > MeltDown
    > --
    > !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
    > ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    > !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Schism enlightened us with:
    > Eh, what do you mean? It's the remote strike mod that I downloaded
    > from fileplanet.

    Which can also be corrupted. Just download it again and see if that
    helps.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    I redownloaded the file from one of fileplanets other mirrors, and it still
    gives me the same error.

    > Schism enlightened us with:
    > > Eh, what do you mean? It's the remote strike mod that I downloaded
    > > from fileplanet.
    >
    > Which can also be corrupted. Just download it again and see if that
    > helps.
    >
    > MeltDown
    > --
    > !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
    > ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    > !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Schism enlightened us with:
    > I redownloaded the file from one of fileplanets other mirrors, and it
    > still gives me the same error.

    Hmmm... I don't know what else could cause this, except a whacked
    install. Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge about windoze can
    jump in and help Schism?

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > Schism enlightened us with:
    > > I redownloaded the file from one of fileplanets other mirrors, and it
    > > still gives me the same error.
    >
    > Hmmm... I don't know what else could cause this, except a whacked
    > install. Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge about windoze can
    > jump in and help Schism?

    I had a similar problem with a umod and I found out that the umod file even
    though it was badged for ut2004 was in fact an older version for ut2003 and
    the small print on the web site said to wait for a newer release coming soon
    if you didnt have ut2003, even though the main page said it was revamped for
    ut2004.... ..bah!

    Umods are a complete pain in the ass with regards to 2k3 and 2k4. See if you
    can download a zip version and manually install the files. You'll find it a
    lot quicker than trying to bugger about with file extensions and their
    associated programs... it worked in my case.

    hth,

    Ky

Games Video Games