When I boot up, all seems normal except I get this dialogue box entitled:
Windows - No Disk

The message is: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into
the drive.

Since I don't know what it's talking about, I hit "continue" three or four
times before it goes away.

What is that and how do I get rid of it?

Bob

Robert Griendling wrote:
> When I boot up, all seems normal except I get this dialogue box entitled:
> Windows - No Disk
>
> The message is: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into
> the drive.
>
> Since I don't know what it's talking about, I hit "continue" three or four
> times before it goes away.
>
> What is that and how do I get rid of it?
>
> Bob
It is impossible to get rid of. You installed a 16-bit app or installer
loaded. Reinstall windows with your install cds

Fireware
OsBetaArchive.com
Member Since Jan 24, 2004

I found this behavior performing a fresh re-install of sbs 2003 on a
Dell PE800. Turns out it is looking for a floppy disk. I inserted a
blank disk and it never asked again.

- Fred

--
fredimac