Used i5-750 build

imaurer269

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hello, I'm looking to get a new PC to play FFXIV on. Spent the last few days doing research and have tried to put a system together in the $600-700 range but don't think I can build a pc to run it smoothly for what I want to play on(42" Vizio LCD). I found someone who built a gaming system and is willing to sell it for within my budget. I wanted to get a few opinions on what it is worth and how well it would perform as a gaming pc.

Its build is:
Case: RaidMAX Smilodon Case w/ removable motherboard tray, two 120mm intake/exhaust fans w/ two side 80mm fans for cooling. Side Window.
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
CPU: Genuine Intel i5-750 Processor
Motherboard: Asus P7P55D-E (USB 3.0 + 6GB SATA)
Video Card: PNY Nvidia GTX 470 1280mb (HDMI enabled)
Memory: 4GB DDR3-1600 Gskill Ripjaws Gaming Series
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts 650w
NIC: Linksys Dual Band Wireless-N
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 600GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive: Optiarc DVD-RW drive
Also included: 21" Dell monitor 16:9 aspect ratio with a native of 1600x900, Saitek Cyborg keyboard with backlit keys and the Razor Naga MMO Gaming mouse

He said it ran around a 5000 on the FFXIV benchmark and he played the FFXIV beta on hi res settings no problem. He also gave me this benchmark link: http://service.futuremark.com/home.action?resultId=2528841&resultType=19
Has been used for about 6 months and never stressed/overclocked. Would I ever be able to build anything that could perform comparable to this on a $700 budget?

Solution
Confirm it is working and get the proof of warranty before buying. $1000 would have been closer to worth and you might be making a steal at $700 because somebody is in need of money.

tecmo34

Administrator
^+1...

My concern is why the user is selling such a computer for that price. I agree to make sure to get receipts or documentation for RMAing. I would recommend, also verifying the PC works prior to final purchase. I just have a little concern with a PC being sold at such a cheap price when two components cost $500 alone, as rolli59 stated.

Agree!
If you know the person fine.

imaurer269

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I don't know the person found the deal on the net. I haven't asked about receipts he said in the ad all the boxes are included and everything is covered by manufacturers warranty(all parts said to come off newegg except the gpu and monitor witch came from best buy.. I do know he has been trying to sell this for awhile, saw it a few months back for $1000 and he has been slowly dropping the price. I'm a bit taken back by the deal myself, he says he needs cash for classes for the winter semester. Sad thing is I really want this PC just not sure if I can scrap u the cash for it, but if everything is what he says it is and it works, I might just have to eat some cash advance fees on a credit card.

imaurer269

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
The guy came down to $500 is gonna demo it before I buy and has all the receipts/boxes. Simply an offer I could not pass, even with the new tech being released soon. I am bummed I don't get to try my first build tho. Thanks for the help!