( Motherboard ) 1394 Firewire ]

jayrae

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I am running Windows 7 Pro.32 bit on a Asus Motherboard P7P55 LX .
I have in the past been able to transfer Captured Video from a Sony HD tape camera without problems to the computer.
This time I tried to do the same and nothing happened,I checked the Firewire card to find it was not seated properly,when I took the card out and reseated it and turned the computer on ,all I got from the computer was a constant beep and nothing else.
The computer eventually came on and still unable to trasfer Video. Next step was to try a new 1394 card out,and even put it in a different PCI slot.This did not work as well even the device manager states all is in working order,then I tried changing to a different driver hoping this would work but no.I have even gone to the length to install a new hard drive complete with a fresh version of Windows and the Pinnacle video program the only items installed to try and find where the problem lies.
Still no success,which leads me to believe the problem lies withinn the Motherboard.
Sorry for length the of this,but I have tried to cover all bases.
I hope someone might be able to shed some light on this problem for me?

Solution
Are you unseeing a front Panel port on your computer? if so try useing the one on the Back of the computer and see if that helps other than that i would have to say it's your motherboard also check for new drivers i know it's worked in the past for you but really i have never had this kind of problem with any of my 1394 devices and i have 7

jayrae

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

Thank you for the reply. yes I thought the same and tried the cable and camera on another family members computer and it worked,so the problem is somewhere in my Motherboard.
I also tried your link and it did not work

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Are you unseeing a front Panel port on your computer? if so try useing the one on the Back of the computer and see if that helps other than that i would have to say it's your motherboard also check for new drivers i know it's worked in the past for you but really i have never had this kind of problem with any of my 1394 devices and i have 7

Solution

jayrae

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to help, I tried what you suggested ,firstly tried the internal conector on the card itself,still made no difference, then I tried the one conector on the front of case and the result was it caused the computer to shut down with a 15 second warning stating USB conection . I can`t remeber ever having a problem with it before,but looks like the problem lies in this area.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Sounds like the device is trying to draw to much power it also sounds like the 1394 is an add in card any chance of replacing that car maybe it's gone bad other than that i've got nothing myself hope i helped and you get it all taken care of