Sign in with
Your question

Corsair TX 950 watt on Rampage 3 Extreme

Last response: in Components
December 11, 2010 12:31:32 PM

Hi, I have bought a new Corsair TX 950 PSU for my Rampage 3 Extreme together with 2 Radeon 6870's. When I connect the PSU to the R3E the lights and LED's on the motherboard come on, but it refuses to do anything when you press the power button. When I swap the Corsair for my Thermaltake, the system starts up with no problem. I have heard the stories of the TX 950 and ASUS motherboard owners having problems during windows installation, but this takes the cake. Any Ideas?
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
December 11, 2010 2:34:17 PM

Are you sure all the cables are properly connected? Including 20+4pins for Mobo?
a c 272 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
December 11, 2010 5:31:13 PM

Are you sure your power button is hooked up right? I know many ASUS boards have one on the board, try using that one instead of the case one and see if it works since its rare for a power button to have it do nothing, normally it will at least attempt to spin the fans. If that doesnt work, take out a case fan and your PSU and test it with this method to make sure that the PSU isnt DOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4
Related resources
December 12, 2010 6:44:41 AM

Thanks, but i already tried using the onboard start button and no luck. As for the connectors, I double check-checked the 20+4 pin MOBO and 8 pin CPU connectors to make sure they are properly plugged in, cause you only need those two connectors to start up the system as I did my R3E with two other power supplies.
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2010 8:03:57 AM

Strange, cause your old PSU is working just fine, I would RMA your PSU since it's on warranty...
December 13, 2010 5:33:14 AM

Yes thanks, I have sent it the retailer for a swop-out.
!