Corsair TX 950 watt on Rampage 3 Extreme

stoffel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
Hi, I have bought a new Corsair TX 950 PSU for my Rampage 3 Extreme together with 2 Radeon 6870's. When I connect the PSU to the R3E the lights and LED's on the motherboard come on, but it refuses to do anything when you press the power button. When I swap the Corsair for my Thermaltake, the system starts up with no problem. I have heard the stories of the TX 950 and ASUS motherboard owners having problems during windows installation, but this takes the cake. Any Ideas?

Are you sure your power button is hooked up right? I know many ASUS boards have one on the board, try using that one instead of the case one and see if it works since its rare for a power button to have it do nothing, normally it will at least attempt to spin the fans. If that doesnt work, take out a case fan and your PSU and test it with this method to make sure that the PSU isnt DOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4

stoffel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
Thanks, but i already tried using the onboard start button and no luck. As for the connectors, I double check-checked the 20+4 pin MOBO and 8 pin CPU connectors to make sure they are properly plugged in, cause you only need those two connectors to start up the system as I did my R3E with two other power supplies.