So to start here's what I have:

Windows 7 Professional 64
Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 Motherboard
OCZ FATAL1TY 550W PSU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad 3.2GHZ
Kingston SSDNow V Series Gen II 64GB - Main
Western Digital Caviar 1TB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Secondary
ADATA Gaming Series 4GB 2X2GB DDR3

The problems and error messages that have popped up since build are numerous, but I'll try and keep it to what's going on at the moment.

Essentially I get the computer running, it starts up and everything checks fine. Windows is installed on the 64GB main with most programs running off the 1TB secondary. Both are connected via SATA, SSD in Port 0, Second in Port 1 if that matters. After the computer is running I can install programs, install windows updates, install drivers, restart the computer numerous times a day throughout, no issue. I shut down the computer overnight, turn it on the next morning and I'm screwed.

Here's what I get today turning it on:

1) Windows boots up to loading screen, BSOD regarding "Page fault in nonpaged area"
2) Reboot computer
3) System asks if I want to start normally or run startup repair. If I choose run normally it's about a 50/50 chance it will, the other 50% being another boot loop
4) Run startup repair, sometimes it "finds" a problem, restarts computer, again 50/50 odds of it working. Today it wouldn't even do that. Got another BSOD during startup repair which flashed by so fast, before it manually restarted, I couldn't even read it.

At this point I put my Windows 7 disc in to try and run a System repair, it loads that up and tells me the only install of Windows it could find was on Drive E. The problem being that's my secondary drive, a drive that was not even installed in the system during the Windows install. I shutdown, physically unplug that drive, run it again. Now it's pointing the Windows installation at Drive D, the CDROM the drive that has the Windows disc in it. Again, no point in running a System Repair on a drive that has no installation on it.

At this point I just restart it and go grab my laptop to try and troubleshoot via google or something. In my absence, the computer is now sitting at the Windows desktop, off just the one drive but running no less.

Here's the extra info plus my limited tech support thinking:

- I've taken it to a licensed computer repair shop, after keeping it for a week he deduced it was the primary SSD drive. I replaced that through RMA and I'm still getting these issues. His reasoning was though that he took out my SSD and put in a regular drive pre-installed with Windows 7 and got everything "working fine".
- Both hard drives have been replaced so unless I've received two faulty units in a row I would think they are not the problem in that regard
- Through basic Google searches I've found the Page Fault error to be in relation to any type of hardware failure. As this is a new build it's hard for me to pinpoint the exact component. I would like to try say the RAM for example, pulling a stick out at a time and checking it. But the randomness in which the errors appear alone would make it near impossible for me to deduce if I solved the issue or if it's just working because it feels like working that boot up. Before I took it in to the shop I did run the latest version of memtest and it passed.
- I don't know if the primary drive being SSD has any part in all this. It's my first time using a SSD and I don't know if there's any sort of additional drivers or such I need to set in the BIOS. I do know it's set to read it as IDE (vs RAID and all that).
- Is it possible the installation disc itself is faulty? Is that possible to install a complete operating system, have it run briefly and then crash all due to a DVD Disc problem?

leastat

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
i have had the same issue when trying too install from an upgrade disc =)
but try puting the ssd on 1 and moving ur secondary drive too a sata port away from the other some motherbords have issues with the 1st and second port both being used let me know how it works.....