$800 AMD system - suggestions?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Graphics Cards
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
September 18, 2010 7:52:20 PM

I do not have much technical knowledge so I would really appreciate knowing if these parts will work together and be reasonably effective for gaming. I am planning on ordering through Directron and paying their assembly fee to have them put it together for me. These are the parts I have chosen.

This comes to about $550. I would order a video card separately and install it myself. I was thinking about this one but am open to suggestions:

XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

More about : 800 amd system suggestions

September 18, 2010 9:04:00 PM

Looks really good, think I would change out the DVD burner for a combo drive/burner. Have purchased for about that same price, maybe 5.00 more and allows you to burn both cd and dvd media. Sometimes it is not easy to tell which is a combo drive, but reading the specs will tell you. Look for CD W and RW speeds on the DVD burners. Consider an aftermarket CPU cooler, like the CM hyper 212 for the BE processor. They are so easy to OC, but need better cooling to keep temps down. Runs 40.00 or less.
a b U Graphics card
September 18, 2010 9:12:40 PM

looks ok to me.

I'd build it myself, but, the parts look good
Related resources