Can I use 2 graphics tablets?

Hi

I have a UC-Logic graphics tablet, pen and mouse combo and also a Wacom
graphics tablet, pen and mouse combo.

The trouble seems to be that Windows will allow one or the other but not
both.

1 - Is there a workaround/solution?

2 - could I instal the UC'L device as a per user setting and the Wacom
under another user setting? That way I could switch from one to the
other by changing user?

The problem seems to be a common dll (I think)
1 answer Last reply
More about graphics tablets

    "deebs" <spoofed@spooked.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a UC-Logic graphics tablet, pen and mouse combo and also a Wacom
    > graphics tablet, pen and mouse combo.
    >
    > The trouble seems to be that Windows will allow one or the other but not
    > both.
    >
    > 1 - Is there a workaround/solution?
    >
    > 2 - could I instal the UC'L device as a per user setting and the Wacom
    > under another user setting? That way I could switch from one to the other
    > by changing user?
    >
    > The problem seems to be a common dll (I think)

    Since you're not going to be using them simultaneously, AND if they're both
    USB, you could try just plugging/unplugging when you want to use a different
    one. What is supposed to happen is that Windows would see the new device,
    know that it's got drivers installed, and just take a few seconds to set it
    up to work. It's helpful to keep using the same USB port for a particular
    device, or Windows may insist on doing the whole install routine.

    In theory, you should be able to have both devices plugged in at the same
    time, but if it's not working, it may not be worth troubleshooting if
    there's a simple workaround.

Configuration Tablets Graphics Windows XP