Can I use 2 graphics tablets?

August 1, 2005 4:18:37 PM

Hi

I have a UC-Logic graphics tablet, pen and mouse combo and also a Wacom
graphics tablet, pen and mouse combo.

The trouble seems to be that Windows will allow one or the other but not
both.

1 - Is there a workaround/solution?

2 - could I instal the UC'L device as a per user setting and the Wacom
under another user setting? That way I could switch from one to the
other by changing user?

The problem seems to be a common dll (I think)

More about : graphics tablets

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 4:18:38 PM

"deebs" <spoofed@spooked.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a UC-Logic graphics tablet, pen and mouse combo and also a Wacom
> graphics tablet, pen and mouse combo.
>
> The trouble seems to be that Windows will allow one or the other but not
> both.
>
> 1 - Is there a workaround/solution?
>
> 2 - could I instal the UC'L device as a per user setting and the Wacom
> under another user setting? That way I could switch from one to the other
> by changing user?
>
> The problem seems to be a common dll (I think)

Since you're not going to be using them simultaneously, AND if they're both
USB, you could try just plugging/unplugging when you want to use a different
one. What is supposed to happen is that Windows would see the new device,
know that it's got drivers installed, and just take a few seconds to set it
up to work. It's helpful to keep using the same USB port for a particular
device, or Windows may insist on doing the whole install routine.

In theory, you should be able to have both devices plugged in at the same
time, but if it's not working, it may not be worth troubleshooting if
there's a simple workaround.