Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • CPUs
Last response: in Motherboards
August 8, 2011 5:42:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Asus F1a75-M pro combo with the A8-3850 llano cpu
and everything has been running fine except when I enter BIOS menu when I first boot up the temperature for the CPU just keeps rising till about 54C. I thought this was sort of fishy so I downloaded some software to confirm and I'm only getting about 30-40C on windows idle. I don't know which one I can count on but I hope its not Asus BIOS...Can anyone help me with this?? I've got the antec 300 case with 2 front intake fans, 1 side intake fan and 2 exhaust on the back and top.

More about : asus f1a75 pro cpu temp mixup

September 26, 2011 2:47:12 AM

heavyarms39 said:
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Asus F1a75-M pro combo with the A8-3850 llano cpu
and everything has been running fine except when I enter BIOS menu when I first boot up the temperature for the CPU just keeps rising till about 54C. I thought this was sort of fishy so I downloaded some software to confirm and I'm only getting about 30-40C on windows idle. I don't know which one I can count on but I hope its not Asus BIOS...Can anyone help me with this?? I've got the antec 300 case with 2 front intake fans, 1 side intake fan and 2 exhaust on the back and top.

Same set up, getting the same readings as you. not sure what is up. My xp pro is freezing on me too, and will recover if I leave it, some event warnings come with that, maybe a ram issue, or software. your not alone i guess. Any ideas let me know.
m
l
November 19, 2011 7:22:52 PM

Hello,

Have either of you had any luck yet or do you feel like your talking to yourselves? :sarcastic: 

I've also put together an Asus F1A75-M with an A8-3850, I thought it was overheating after seeing the bios cpu temp rise to 65C in a few minutes or so, the bios MB temp is always between 35 and 40C. In the Asus utility on Windows, both temps are below 40C. The system has 4gb Ram, a PCI Wifi card, onboard sound & graphics, stock cooler, all running on a 600W PSU.

Windows XP, 7 and Ubuntu all freeze after an hour or two.
m
l
December 18, 2011 12:10:46 AM

alanw25 said:
Hello,

Have either of you had any luck yet or do you feel like your talking to yourselves? :sarcastic: 

I've also put together an Asus F1A75-M with an A8-3850, I thought it was overheating after seeing the bios cpu temp rise to 65C in a few minutes or so, the bios MB temp is always between 35 and 40C. In the Asus utility on Windows, both temps are below 40C. The system has 4gb Ram, a PCI Wifi card, onboard sound & graphics, stock cooler, all running on a 600W PSU.

Windows XP, 7 and Ubuntu all freeze after an hour or two.

Fix...update to windows 7. Seems fine now.
m
l
!