Help , 6x Multiplier , its not what you think :|

G

Ahhhh , this is driving me crazy!
My e8400 multiplier is constantly on 6x! EIST is off... The cpu is on 100% load
yes the multiplier stays on 6x !. Ive got latest drivers It was fine for as long as i know and when i checked my multiplier its just stuck on 6x!
Ive tried underclocking , overclocking , resetting to factory defaults , changing powersupply , updating BIO'S

I got a crappy MS-7366 MOBO but ive seen it on 9x before about 5 months back..

Any ideas how to fix?

G

Done that .... still 6x on 100% load using prime 95 or playing a game.

G

Theres no option like that in my BIO's....
But my CPU is also only about 40-45 degree's idle anyway...

There should be an Option called "C1E Support" under Advanced BIOS Features\CPU Features that can be made visible by pressing F4.
There is also a secondary option called CPU TM or something like.
Disable both for the moment and then check your CPU speed.

G

Hm , i just checked my Bio's and theres nothing like that anywhere?
Either way , i cleared my cmos by removing my battery quickly...

I checked my cpu , and well it went up to 9x... for about 20 seconds , then it went back , and once again its not going to 9x even on 100% load..

G

Dipank , do you have skype or something? i can share my screen , may be easier?

G

And no to your previous post , i havnt upgraded or anything like that. I just noticed i was getting pretty slacker frame rates in my games and lord of the rings online was stuttering . The games hardly processor or graphics hungry yet my system felt like it was struggling...

I checked cpu-z and wolla 6x multipler...

Hm , i just checked my Bio's and theres nothing like that anywhere?
Either way , i cleared my cmos by removing my battery quickly...

I checked my cpu , and well it went up to 9x... for about 20 seconds , then it went back , and once again its not going to 9x even on 100% load..

I hate to keep pressing here, especially since you seem to believe heat is not the problem, but that is the exact way an overheating CPU will react.
If your board is in an OEM build, you may not have access to the advanced features.
As soon as it warms up a little too much, the thermal protection will start kicking in to keep it from getting any warmer.
I would still at least try removing the heatsink, cleaning, remounting with new thermal paste, make sure your fan is working properly etc.

G

Yes cpu says 9x at 333mhz , cpu rated at 3.00 ghz...
I havnt even overclocked it or anything?

G

I mean my bio's says 9x 333mhz. It says it's running the correct speed on my bios :s as soon as i look at it in CPU-Z or Core temp it says 6x multiplier rated 2ghz as you've seen.

G

Ran in safemode. Said 3000mhz? but didn't say the multiplier etc... (Was greyed out).

So now what? lol

G

But i only have 1 drive? and windows 7 alonside all my files are in my C drive :|

Which BIOS Version are you using on this MSI MS-7366?

There are three motherboards in the P6NGM series with the MS-7366 model designation. Which one of the three motherboards do you have, P6NGM-FD or P6NGM-FIH or P6NGM-L?

What nVidia Chipset nForce Driver version do you have installed, 15.58 or later?