Ut2004 Assault 2nd mission

Last response: in Video Games
April 15, 2004 8:09:39 PM

I can't get past it, computer always wins in an overwhelming way.
I don't know why, the previous one seemed quite easy to me, but Robot
Factory seem to be unbeatable.
Suggestions?
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 2:28:46 AM

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:09:39 GMT, Stefano wrote:

>I can't get past it, computer always wins in an overwhelming way.
>I don't know why, the previous one seemed quite easy to me, but Robot
>Factory seem to be unbeatable.
>Suggestions?

On which level do you play?
On experienced I managed it on the second try - better to say - my
bots managed it.
I think it's best to choose bots with high accuracy, teamplay seems to
be rather unimportant in most assault games.

Berthold
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 4:10:54 AM

Un header molto originale introduce la risposta a "Berthold Josephs":

>On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:09:39 GMT, Stefano wrote:
>
>>I can't get past it, computer always wins in an overwhelming way.
>>I don't know why, the previous one seemed quite easy to me, but Robot
>>Factory seem to be unbeatable.
>>Suggestions?
>
>On which level do you play?
>On experienced I managed it on the second try - better to say - my
>bots managed it.
>I think it's best to choose bots with high accuracy, teamplay seems to
>be rather unimportant in most assault games.

I play on experienced.
I'm counting on bots, right. I feel the thing goes well above my
control, when you're in the action.
But i wondered more basic questions such as... do you first focun on
turret or go straight for the objective?
And when it comes to destroying wires and shields, i find really hard to
reach them before getting fragged, i feel i can't break trough. In fact,
I've never managed so successfully attack, up to now, and not managed to
defend, either :(
April 16, 2004 4:30:07 AM

Un header molto originale introduce la risposta a "Berthold Josephs":

>On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:09:39 GMT, Stefano wrote:
>
>>I can't get past it, computer always wins in an overwhelming way.
>>I don't know why, the previous one seemed quite easy to me, but Robot
>>Factory seem to be unbeatable.
>>Suggestions?
>
>On which level do you play?
>On experienced I managed it on the second try - better to say - my
>bots managed it.
>I think it's best to choose bots with high accuracy, teamplay seems to
>be rather unimportant in most assault games.

Oh, and how do you assign roles in play?
2 offense 2 defense?
Any support? Any autoassing?
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 11:10:07 PM

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:10:54 GMT, Stefano wrote:

>Un header molto originale introduce la risposta a "Berthold Josephs":

>>On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:09:39 GMT, Stefano wrote:
>>
>>>I can't get past it, computer always wins in an overwhelming way.
>>>I don't know why, the previous one seemed quite easy to me, but Robot
>>>Factory seem to be unbeatable.

>>I think it's best to choose bots with high accuracy, teamplay seems to
>>be rather unimportant in most assault games.
>
>I play on experienced.
>I'm counting on bots, right. I feel the thing goes well above my
>control, when you're in the action.

Same to me, only in the Mothership I helped to hit the targets.
And in the one with the vehicle I drove myself, the bots got stuck.

>But i wondered more basic questions such as... do you first focun on
>turret or go straight for the objective?

If I understand the task and find the way, I try to go for the target
or clear the way for the bots.

>And when it comes to destroying wires and shields, i find really hard to
>reach them before getting fragged, i feel i can't break trough.

Yes, it's rather boring running long ways to get killed very quickly.
Most times I "cover" the bots and hope they know what to do.

Berthold
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 11:16:38 PM

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:30:07 GMT, Stefano wrote:

>Oh, and how do you assign roles in play?
>2 offense 2 defense?
>Any support? Any autoassing?

Usually all on offense in Assault, in Double Domination 3 bots to one
target, the other one and me to the second.

Meanwhile I finished the ladder except the last match, after about 2/3
I saw that some new bots were available, some very good bots, prices
between 900 and 1050. With these new bots the last matches were quite
easy, only the very big open Bombing Run map took some time.

"Support" seems to be quite useless, the supporting bot seems to
attack only if I'm attacked, so he ignores enemies passing by very
close. Especially in InstaGib hitting back when I'm already shot makes
no sense at all.
And supporting bots tend to stand in the way.

Berthold aka PingPong
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 3:27:34 PM

Un header molto originale introduce la risposta a "Berthold Josephs":

>On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:30:07 GMT, Stefano wrote:
>
>>Oh, and how do you assign roles in play?
>>2 offense 2 defense?
>>Any support? Any autoassing?
>
>Usually all on offense in Assault, in Double Domination 3 bots to one
>target, the other one and me to the second.
>
>Meanwhile I finished the ladder except the last match, after about 2/3
>I saw that some new bots were available, some very good bots, prices
>between 900 and 1050. With these new bots the last matches were quite
>easy, only the very big open Bombing Run map took some time.
>
>"Support" seems to be quite useless, the supporting bot seems to
>attack only if I'm attacked, so he ignores enemies passing by very
>close. Especially in InstaGib hitting back when I'm already shot makes
>no sense at all.
>And supporting bots tend to stand in the way.

Thanks for the advices. What do you mean by finishing the ladder? The
assault ladder or every ladder? I finished double domination now (voice
command to bots ROCKS, finally I made it feeling that I had the power of
the thing).

It's strange though coz I made a couple of bloodrites (if I do an
Instagib I find quite easy to win) and I got good bots, I have no one
below 850 now a couple above 900 and a 1020 which was costly to get...

Well then, i'll try again!
Yesterday I lost for 5 mere seconds :( ((( And then the next play, same
setup, I lost by more than 2 minutes... I don't get it still...

Stefano
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 8:24:57 PM

Un header molto originale introduce la risposta a "Berthold Josephs":

>On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:30:07 GMT, Stefano wrote:
>
>>Oh, and how do you assign roles in play?
>>2 offense 2 defense?
>>Any support? Any autoassing?
>
>Usually all on offense in Assault, in Double Domination 3 bots to one
>target, the other one and me to the second.
>
>Meanwhile I finished the ladder except the last match, after about 2/3
>I saw that some new bots were available, some very good bots, prices
>between 900 and 1050. With these new bots the last matches were quite
>easy, only the very big open Bombing Run map took some time.
>
>"Support" seems to be quite useless, the supporting bot seems to
>attack only if I'm attacked, so he ignores enemies passing by very
>close. Especially in InstaGib hitting back when I'm already shot makes
>no sense at all.
>And supporting bots tend to stand in the way.

I DID IT!
All Offense, I left the vehicles to the bots and focused on defense,
after taking out the turrets and ION cannon it was done.

However, I think I got the "way to play" in Assault. Usually I tend to
go ahead almost alone, eventually asking for some "COVER ME", but here
it's much better to stay a step behind the action and try to kill the
most.

Thanx!

Stefano
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 11:40:56 PM

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:24:57 GMT, Stefano wrote:

>Un header molto originale introduce la risposta a "Berthold Josephs":

>>"Support" seems to be quite useless, [..]

>I DID IT!

Congratulations!

Berthold
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 11:52:41 PM

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:27:34 GMT, Stefano wrote:

>Un header molto originale introduce la risposta a "Berthold Josephs":

>>Meanwhile I finished the ladder except the last match, after about 2/3
>>I saw that some new bots were available, some very good bots, prices
>>between 900 and 1050. With these new bots the last matches were quite
>>easy, only the very big open Bombing Run map took some time.

>Thanks for the advices. What do you mean by finishing the ladder? The
>assault ladder or every ladder?

All ladders, in the meantime I also won the final match, but only by
cheating - I hate that map.

> I finished double domination now (voice
>command to bots ROCKS, finally I made it feeling that I had the power of
>the thing).

Voice command is still not working here, so I'm a little bit envious.

>It's strange though coz I made a couple of bloodrites (if I do an
>Instagib I find quite easy to win) and I got good bots, I have no one
>below 850 now a couple above 900 and a 1020 which was costly to get...

OK, I still had Black Jack with rather bad skills (except accuracy).
Now I got about 40.000 credits and cannot use them any more.

>Well then, i'll try again!

>Yesterday I lost for 5 mere seconds :( ((( And then the next play, same
>setup, I lost by more than 2 minutes... I don't get it still...

As far as I remember it's possible you played against a different team
on the second try.

Berthold
!