Documentation on H67 integrated graphics

sped800

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
I hope you all can clear this up for me. From my understanding of what I have read on this and other forums, an H67 motherboard, such as the Asus P8H67-M EVO, supports integrated graphics that reside on the Sandy Bridge CPUs, such as the i5-2500. I believe that the onboard graphics should suit my needs well.

But I am told by my vendor that the H67 does not support the on-board graphics and that I would need to upgrade to the P67 chipset to use the on-board graphics. This is opposite to everything I have read.

This is not a money issue; I just want to get the correct board. Can someone point to some authoritative documentation that is clear enough for a dilettante like me to understand?

Thanks.

Solution
The H61, H67, Q67, Q65, B65 and Z68 chipset all support the IGP (Intergraded Graphics on Processor) of the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors. There is only 1 exception to this that I know of and that is on about half of Gigabytes Z68 boards they removed the support for the IGP from them. So while I would guess it is possible to disable the IGP support. If there other exceptions to this I would like to hear of them. Let me know the manufacturer and model of the board.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

sped800

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
wintermint,

I hate to squeal, but it's Joseph Mundy at AVADirect.com. Hey, nobody's perfect! ;-)

Thanks for confirming what I've read over and over. I'm still looking for hard documentation.

The H61, H67, Q67, Q65, B65 and Z68 chipset all support the IGP (Intergraded Graphics on Processor) of the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors. There is only 1 exception to this that I know of and that is on about half of Gigabytes Z68 boards they removed the support for the IGP from them. So while I would guess it is possible to disable the IGP support. If there other exceptions to this I would like to hear of them. Let me know the manufacturer and model of the board.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Solution

sped800

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

k1114,

Thanks for the link. Exactly what I was looking for.

By the way, everyone, Mr. Mundy reversed his statement and apologized for the confusion.

sped800

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

Christian,

Thanks a lot for checking out my post and for the thorough answer. Everything's straightened out, but it's still really nice to have the hard information.