Sign in with
Your question

XFX 9600GT fan speed problem.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 10, 2010 3:11:12 AM

Hello, I got an XFX 9600GT from ebay for under 40$, the card is in perfect condition and works very well. Only problem is that when I am booting up or shutting down my PC the fan on 9600gt run at 100% and only slows down to normal speed once the system is loaded up or is fully shut down. Is this normal or is there a problem. Also when I am reinstalling windows the fan runs at 100% until windows and the card drivers are installed. Its not that big of a deal for me but it does get annoying because the cooling fan is very loud when at 100% and I would like to know if I can do something.

Thanks for the help.
a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2010 3:15:08 AM

Do you shut down your computer by pulling the plug or turning the power bar/surge protector off? If you do, then that is probably why.

Usually, your video card does run a bit faster when it boots up, and eventually slows down. I recommend cleaning your computer up.
August 10, 2010 3:20:39 AM

I never shut down my pc by pulling the plug, I always go to start>shutdown and it shuts of by itself after a few seconds.

But most of the time I put it on standby and when I go to start>standby the card starts running at 100% until the pc goes into standby mode. Same thing happens when I wake it up from standby.

!