• Hewlett Packard
  • Compaq
  • Wireless Networking
  • Product
Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 22, 2010 8:14:25 PM

Hello,
I have an hp compaq dx2450 with 1GB memory and 32 bite od
I want to know which is the best usb adapter to purchase in order to go wireless

More about : usb adapter wireless

July 22, 2010 9:56:39 PM

jharp1745 said:
Hello,
I have an hp compaq dx2450 with 1GB memory and 32 bite od
I want to know which is the best usb adapter to purchase in order to go wireless

Most expensive but best range and bandwith is Wireless N 300-600Mbps or a cheaper alternative but older is Wireless G turbo 108Mbps. Newest techology is Clear Broadband wireless which you can use anywhere in the state mobile, but your limitation are around 1GB of browsing a month for each GB over you get fined 10bucks a month. Trying talking to a clear internet provider ina mall kiosk about that type of internet. You basically have three options!
m
l
July 28, 2010 7:32:24 AM

I currently use an Engenius EUB9801 which is a dual band wireless N USB adapter. It operates 802.11 N 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz and the same on the 5GHz (If you router supports 5GHz). I bought one for about $30.... It uses a Ralink Chipset which is similar to other brands that cost twice as much. Some other brands that feature dual band operate only 802.11 G 54Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 802.11 N 300Mbps on the 5GHz....
m
l
Related resources
November 19, 2012 2:19:24 PM

BTW, just wanted to make a comment on this thread, you know I have Clear service and have been generally pleased with it, very fast on the old PPC Mac I have with multi-antenna pci modem. So far not so for the new Win 7 pc, with which i use a trendnet usb modem, (54 Mbps), it drops a lot (don't know if this is because often both the Win Wireless Connection Manager is working and the Trendnet Wireless Manager utility also installed, but...
Anywho, I almost bought one of those Engenius modems mentioned here today, and while looking around for info on the Clear voyager's compatibility realized that i could have just hooked up the modem directly to the pc via usb cable rather than working around via another antenna. Duh! But anyway, will check that connection out, particularly close to window etc and report...
Thanks
D
m
l
!