Sign in with
Your question

WDC WD10EARS 1TB

Last response: in Storage
December 28, 2012 5:18:22 PM

Hi all.

can any one tell me should i worry about this massage?

There are 6 weak sectors found on the disk surface. They may be remapped any time in the later use of the disk.
At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
Problems occurred between the communication of the disk and the host 18324 times.
It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.

No actions needed.

waiting for your expert comments

More about : wdc wd10ears 1tb

a c 79 G Storage
December 28, 2012 9:13:56 PM

Sectors are starting to fail on the drive and more sectors will follow until eventually the drive will fail completely, a condition which affects all hard drives at some point.

Back up your data to another location as soon as possible, then replace the drive. Don't wait for an alert message telling you back up your data because that may be too late.
m
l
December 28, 2012 9:53:10 PM

Sometimes this is not a portent of disaster. I wouldn't take a chance with the WDC green drives though. From what I have seen posted these seem to fail this way so back up your data ASAP.
m
l
December 29, 2012 7:13:30 AM

Dear Phil 22 and Redtailed thanks for your reply.. me working as IT professional since 2003 in my whole career i worked with many Hard drives which contacted bad sectors.. this Drive (WDC WD10EARS 1TB) have 6 bad sectors since last year its health was dropped at 16% after that.. I used the WDD Datalife Guard Tool to write all zeros to the whole drive (it takes almost 5 hours to complete) than its health raised upto 26% than I used Active Kill Disk Software to kill the whole data on the drive with (2 Passes and 1 Verify Method) after that i Got 100% health of HDD...than agian I checked with HDD Sensational Pro 4.1 to verify its actual health and Bad Sectors now its shows 6 Bad sectors and remaining life of HDD is about 995 Days... any Idea about it?
m
l
!