Video Card Replacement Problem

ff7warrior

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
My video card is toast. All it shows is a bunch of scribbly lines, I can't ready anything. How do I remove the old drivers of the bad video card if I can't see anything? I'm upgrading from an Nvidia GS 7100 to an ATI Radeon 5670. When I put the new video card in, all it shows is a black screen, the monitor is not getting a signal. I have a 650 watt PSU.

Do you still have your 7100 ? if so,then go to control panel and uninstall the drivers, then download and install driver sweeper(from guru3d.com),boot to safe mode, open driver sweeper,choose Nvidia and then click clean.When finished, remove your card and install the 5670.

Problem is, he can't see the screen with the 7100.
Does the mobo by chance have integrated video on it? You could remove the 7100 and then run your system on integrated until you clean off the old drivers.

Edit: Actually, it ought to be able to start up in Safe Mode with the HD5670 in it. Start that way, then remove the 7100 drivers.

2DDogs

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010

eqbal321a is right. I had the same problem installing an NVidia card with an integrated ATI video controller.