Sign in with
Your question

E:\ is not accessible. I/O error on internal HDD Seagate

Last response: in Storage
December 28, 2012 7:31:47 PM

I have and internal Seagate ST3500418AS ATA HDD and it reads this when I try to open it in windows:
E:\ is not accessible.
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
Data on the disk is not that valuable but would like to be able to keep the data.

Thanks
Tony
a c 79 G Storage
December 28, 2012 9:09:46 PM

The drive may have failed, in which case some or all of the data on it will either be corrupt, or will be inaccessible to all except a data recovery company. You can test it to see whether or not is has failed. Use Seagate "SeaTools for Windows" to test it:
http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

If SeaTools can't access the drive either, you will have to assume that it has failed.
m
l
December 28, 2012 10:50:58 PM

SeaTools is having trouble installing due to Microsoft .NET Framework. I will keep posting updates.

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 11:12:54 PM

SeaTools will not find the drive. I have scanned and re-scanned but no luck. What else could I do? Im going to try drive scrubber but Im not sure that will work.

Thanks for the help!
m
l
August 15, 2013 7:28:27 AM

hi am also facing same problem. did you fixed the problem. if yes can you please post the solution....?
m
l
August 15, 2013 7:57:51 AM

gokulann86 said:
hi am also facing same problem. did you fixed the problem. if yes can you please post the solution....?

I have given up as I believe there is no solution. The best option would be to take the hard drive to a computer repair service to get the stuff off of it.
m
l
a b G Storage
August 15, 2013 7:57:55 AM

When raising an old thread it's always advisable to say whether you've tried any of teh posted solutions. Did you use Seatools? It's the manufacturer's own tool to test its own hardware.
m
l
!