PCIE graphics card not detected windows 7

G

Hey guys,
i just went and bought a new Emachines desktop, with Windows 7 64-bit, with Nvidia GeForce 7050 onboard. (but display properties says 7100.) we also bought and installed a Galaxy Geforce gt 240 PCIE card. and when we installed it (drivers too of course) nothing shouws up. the card is not detected whatsoever. any ideas? i'd really like to fix this.

OH!
I also tried my other card, Geforce MX4000 and it's just PCI, it works, but the PCI express card does not.

G

i honestly don't know. it's the psu that came with it.

i'm not sure if power is the problem though, the fan on the card spins and everything. :(

G

Good news though. i used the "Find and fix problems with devices" program on the start menu search, and it said "Device install may not have been detected" so i guess it reset that, so i reset the computer, and as soon as it started installed. thanks for the help anyway though. :D

raiyus13

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Good news though. i used the "Find and fix problems with devices" program on the start menu search, and it said "Device install may not have been detected" so i guess it reset that, so i reset the computer, and as soon as it started installed. thanks for the help anyway though. :D

Im Glad you fixed it, it was a driver issue though.