Multiple Domain log-in?

Hello,
I've got a user that travels with his xp pro laptop. He works in 2
different offices, each with a different windows domain. One domain is
Server 2000, the other Server 2003. Is there anyway I can create a
seperate profile for each domain? Ideally a boot option that he could
select the Server 2000 domain, and fully log in as a member of that
domain; or select the Server 2003 domain and log in as a member of
that domain. I don't think such a thing is possible within Windows,
but maybe someone knows of a reliable 3rd-party app.
Thanks!

Judge Dredd wrote:
> I've got a user that travels with his xp pro laptop. He works in 2
> different offices, each with a different windows domain. One domain is
> Server 2000, the other Server 2003. Is there anyway I can create a
> seperate profile for each domain? Ideally a boot option that he could
> select the Server 2000 domain, and fully log in as a member of that
> domain; or select the Server 2003 domain and log in as a member of
> that domain. I don't think such a thing is possible within Windows,
> but maybe someone knows of a reliable 3rd-party app.

Please do not Multipost - Crosspost if you must.

Is there some reason he has to be a member of either domain?
Couldn't he just be setup with proper local scripts that he would run to
connect to the resources given by one domain or another depending on which
script/where he was?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

So I could remove his laptop from the domain, and set it up as a
workgroup. Then, create log-in scripts that he could run depending on
which company his is at? That way he would only have one profile, but
could use it at each office? That sounds like a good solution to this
problem: Simple and no new software to install. I had not thought of
that, obviously. Thanks for the suggestion.

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 08:17:00 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
<newshelper@gmail.com> wrote:

>Judge Dredd wrote:
>> I've got a user that travels with his xp pro laptop. He works in 2
>> different offices, each with a different windows domain. One domain is
>> Server 2000, the other Server 2003. Is there anyway I can create a
>> seperate profile for each domain? Ideally a boot option that he could
>> select the Server 2000 domain, and fully log in as a member of that
>> domain; or select the Server 2003 domain and log in as a member of
>> that domain. I don't think such a thing is possible within Windows,
>> but maybe someone knows of a reliable 3rd-party app.
>
>Please do not Multipost - Crosspost if you must.
>
>Is there some reason he has to be a member of either domain?
>Couldn't he just be setup with proper local scripts that he would run to
>connect to the resources given by one domain or another depending on which
>script/where he was?
>
>--
>Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

I have the same situation, but usre MUST be in both domains,
How to solve that situation ?
Finaly he must have one profile, but shuld conect in two diferent domains.
And what about domain polices,- what will hapen if they will be diferent ?

Andrejus wrote:
> I have the same situation, but usre MUST be in both domains,
> How to solve that situation ?
> Finaly he must have one profile, but shuld conect in two diferent
> domains. And what about domain polices,- what will hapen if they will
> be diferent ?

- The USER can be in as many domains as they want/have available.
- The computer can only be in any one given domain at a time.
- The user (in most cases) does not have to logon to a domain on a computer
to access the domain resources - only logon to the domain resource using
their domain username/password.

So - you can join the computer system to one domain or the other (or neither
in your case) and run scripts to allow the user to access the domain
resources they need... That way they have a single profile they use,
scripts do all the "magic" for them and the policies are not dependent on
the domains at all.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP