Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Computer components I put together myself, is it good for gaming?

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 19, 2010 10:38:07 AM

Here are my computer components that I've put together... this is the computer I will order online if its good for playing games etc. =)

Power Supply:Cooler Master
Silent Pro M700
700 W

Motherboard:ASUS
M4A78LT-M
micro ATX

Processor:AMD
255
Socket AM3, 3100 MHz, Regor

Processor Cooler:Arctic Cooling
Freezer XTREME Rev.2

Memory:A-Data
PC3-10666 "XPG™" KIT
4096 MB, DDR III, 1333 MHz

Graphic Card:Club 3D
Radeon HD 5750
1024 MB, GDDR 5, PCI-Express™ 16x

Is it good? Every comment is welcome :p 
September 19, 2010 10:58:18 AM

It's decent. What are you paying and what's the case, hard drive?
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:23:10 AM

The PSU is a good brand but very very very over sized, for instance i'm running a 600W seasonic, on a Q9550 and GTX470, with 5HDD 4 sticks of ram, 2 DVD drves, and a sound card, and peak gaming i'm only pulling 300-320 at the wall. if you can save something there you could put more into the GPU or CPU.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 19, 2010 11:33:53 AM

deathofzero said:
It's decent. What are you paying and what's the case, hard drive?


The hard drive WD 300gb but I have an outside Hard drive 1TB so thats not a problem. And everything together im paying about 590€
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:37:34 AM

Okay but only use the 1tb for storage, obviously. And monkey is right, i'm running 5 harddrives, 2 dvd burners, a GTS 450, and a 2.9 ghz regor with 4 sticks of ram on a 550w OCZ Modular. I pull no more than 340. You could go for a tri-core or a 5770 instead, with the money you save.
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:38:16 AM

13thmonkey said:
The PSU is a good brand but very very very over sized, for instance i'm running a 600W seasonic, on a Q9550 and GTX470, with 5HDD 4 sticks of ram, 2 DVD drves, and a sound card, and peak gaming i'm only pulling 300-320 at the wall. if you can save something there you could put more into the GPU or CPU.


Aha, so if I'm getting this right, your saying that I should get a lower Power Supply around 600W?
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:39:59 AM

deathofzero said:
Okay but only use the 1tb for storage, obviously. And monkey is right, i'm running 5 harddrives, 2 dvd burners, a GTS 450, and a 2.9 ghz regor with 4 sticks of ram on a 550w OCZ Modular. I pull no more than 340. You could go for a tri-core or a 5770 instead, with the money you save.



Ahh I see, well what do you suggest I should "degrade" and what to upgrade?
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:43:57 AM

I suggest degrading the PSU, here you need amperage but not wattage. Go with 550, 580 or 600 at the most. Trade up the GFX or CPU instead.
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:44:12 AM

If you can find a cheaper 500-600W PSU, Antec/seasonic/coolermaster then an upgrade to either the CPU or GPU, 5770/GTX460 would be good. not sure about the CPU, but you might start to become occassionally CPU limited dependant on resolution with a 5770.
What HDD are you getting, there's not a lot at 300GB and I doubt that they are cheap, just been looking an 1TB was as cheap at 500/640 and 750.
Where are you buying from?

m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:44:37 AM

deathofzero said:
I suggest degrading the PSU, here you need amperage but not wattage. Go with 550, 580 or 600 at the most. Trade up the GFX or CPU instead.


we are well and truely on the same page :) 
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:46:49 AM

and don't think that you won't have room to upgrade on a 500-600W PSU, a good brand and you'll be fine to step up to almost cutting edge GTX470 etc.
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:47:16 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 11:55:38 AM

13thmonkey said:
If you can find a cheaper 500-600W PSU, Antec/seasonic/coolermaster then an upgrade to either the CPU or GPU, 5770/GTX460 would be good. not sure about the CPU, but you might start to become occassionally CPU limited dependant on resolution with a 5770.
What HDD are you getting, there's not a lot at 300GB and I doubt that they are cheap, just been looking an 1TB was as cheap at 500/640 and 750.
Where are you buying from?




Aha! thanks for the advice!. this is the link from the site I choose components ->http://www.agt.si/sestavi/ Its a slovenian site so, but its easy to use so I doubt that you wont know how to find yourself using the site. and about HDD I meant to say its 500gb not 300gb.


Seagate
ST3500418AS "Barracuda® 12"
500 GB, Serial ATA II, 16 MB

Thats the HDD im getting
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 12:06:09 PM

OK, 300Gb exactly would have meant a velociraptor and a massive amount of cash, but at 500 you'll be ok, check out the 1TB's just in case they are no more expensive they'll usually be a bit quicker and a newer generation perhaps. Or perhaps save a but and drop to 320, usually £20-30 less and then upgrade to a 5770 £20-30 more, drop the PSU by 20-30, coolermasters non-modular 650W is £30 cheaper than the M700. And £30 in pocket vs a slightly tidier case, £30 in pocket please.

m
0
l
September 19, 2010 12:30:14 PM

13thmonkey said:
OK, 300Gb exactly would have meant a velociraptor and a massive amount of cash, but at 500 you'll be ok, check out the 1TB's just in case they are no more expensive they'll usually be a bit quicker and a newer generation perhaps. Or perhaps save a but and drop to 320, usually £20-30 less and then upgrade to a 5770 £20-30 more, drop the PSU by 20-30, coolermasters non-modular 650W is £30 cheaper than the M700. And £30 in pocket vs a slightly tidier case, £30 in pocket please.


Im setting new components together now.... that LINK i've posted, you could set components together yourself and copy them here if you think this computer I'm putting together is in need of change, would be great! :) 

alright here it is:

Computer case:Xigmatek
Asgard
36,32€

Power Supply:LC Power
LC6600GP2 "Silent Giant" v2.3
600 W
45,74 €

Motherboard:ASUS
M4A78LT-M
micro ATX
56,50 €

Processor:AMD
255
Socket AM3, 3100 MHz, Regor
65,91 €

Processor cooler:Arctic Cooling
Freezer XTREME Rev.2
34,77 €

Memory: A-Data
PC3-10666 "XPG™" KIT
4096 MB, DDR III, 1333 MHz
94,16 €

Graphic Card:Club 3D
Radeon HD 5770
1024 MB, GDDR 5, PCI-Express™ 16x

Hard Drive Disk:Seagate
ST3500418AS "Barracuda® 12"
500 GB, Serial ATA II, 16 MB
41,70 €

Optical unit: NEC
AD-7241S LightScribe™
21,79 €

TOTAL COST: 547,55€
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 12:41:19 PM

All good, except that i've never heard of that brand of PSU, wouldn't do that if you have a choice.
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 1:09:37 PM

yeah, try to get a major brand PSU: Sea Sonic, Corsair, OCZ, Silverstone, Antec are top brands.
Also, if you can afford it, get a Rana 445 (X3) or Propus 635/640 (X4). the extra cores will be worth it.

m
0
l
September 19, 2010 8:24:24 PM

ScrewySqrl said:
yeah, try to get a major brand PSU: Sea Sonic, Corsair, OCZ, Silverstone, Antec are top brands.
Also, if you can afford it, get a Rana 445 (X3) or Propus 635/640 (X4). the extra cores will be worth it.


glad someone was able to help with the AMD naming conventions
m
0
l
!