Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Diamond HD 4670 loud fan driving me crazy.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 10, 2010 10:37:45 AM

Hi,

I have this Diamond HD 4670 1GB DDR3 graphics card and I need help to find ways on how to keep the noise level down.

Does anyone know an after market cooling system or a software solution to scale down the fan rpm according to temp?

Thanks
August 10, 2010 10:45:37 AM

if you're looking solution based on software you can look into MSI after burner. maybe you should check if your heatsink was clogged with dust. dust can prevents the heatsink from doing its job hence increase fan speed and noise
Score
0
August 10, 2010 10:52:32 AM

renz496 said:
if you're looking solution based on software you can look into MSI after burner. maybe you should check if your heatsink was clogged with dust. dust can prevents the heatsink from doing its job hence increase fan speed and noise


It's new and I think that the fan is at 100% rpm all the time no matter what the card temp is. I will check on the MSI after burner and will let you know how it turns out.
Score
0
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

August 10, 2010 1:29:05 PM

Or, you can manually adjust the fan speed with CCC, 100% is just too loud and can shortened the card lifespan...
Share
August 10, 2010 1:49:08 PM

wa1 said:
Or, you can manually adjust the fan speed with CCC, 100% is just too loud and can shortened the card lifespan...


I read somewhere on post that CCC fan control only works with the 4800 series and up. I will also check on it anyway.
Score
0
August 10, 2010 4:39:08 PM

wa1 said:
Or, you can manually adjust the fan speed with CCC, 100% is just too loud and can shortened the card lifespan...


the card will be fine. but instead the fan lifespan will be shortened if you keep it running at it's full speed at all time. some people limit their fan max speed around 75% so the fan can live a little bit longer and to reduce the noise.
Score
0
August 11, 2010 12:38:04 AM

dont_look@me said:
I read somewhere on post that CCC fan control only works with the 4800 series and up. I will also check on it anyway.



Just as an FYI, I have the Sapphire HD4670 and CCC 10.7 installed on my Windows 7 Ultimate HTPC. I did not find any way to control the speed fan in CCC.

-Wolf sends
Score
0
August 11, 2010 3:08:54 AM

Wolfshadw said:
Just as an FYI, I have the Sapphire HD4670 and CCC 10.7 installed on my Windows 7 Ultimate HTPC. I did not find any way to control the speed fan in CCC.

-Wolf sends


i think it is better to use something like MSI after burner to control the fan speed
Score
0
August 19, 2010 11:27:59 AM

I was able to mannually turn down the fan speed using CCC 10.XX on XP Pro.
Score
0
August 19, 2010 11:28:28 AM

Best answer selected by dont_look@me.
Score
0
August 19, 2010 11:30:10 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!