Diamond HD 4670 loud fan driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dont_look@me

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Hi,

I have this Diamond HD 4670 1GB DDR3 graphics card and I need help to find ways on how to keep the noise level down.

Does anyone know an after market cooling system or a software solution to scale down the fan rpm according to temp?

Thanks

Solution
Or, you can manually adjust the fan speed with CCC, 100% is just too loud and can shortened the card lifespan...

dont_look@me

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010

It's new and I think that the fan is at 100% rpm all the time no matter what the card temp is. I will check on the MSI after burner and will let you know how it turns out.

dont_look@me

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010

I read somewhere on post that CCC fan control only works with the 4800 series and up. I will also check on it anyway.

the card will be fine. but instead the fan lifespan will be shortened if you keep it running at it's full speed at all time. some people limit their fan max speed around 75% so the fan can live a little bit longer and to reduce the noise.

Wolfshadw

Titan

Just as an FYI, I have the Sapphire HD4670 and CCC 10.7 installed on my Windows 7 Ultimate HTPC. I did not find any way to control the speed fan in CCC.

-Wolf sends

i think it is better to use something like MSI after burner to control the fan speed

Status
Not open for further replies.