Suggestion for Silent PSU

therock003

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
I'm building a Server-Downloader PC, and i want it to be as quiet and energy efficient as possible. At the begininng I thought i should just grab the PSU from my OLD PC, an TAGAN 530 easyconnect, just to shave a few euros, but then i said, since everything is going to be new why should this be any different.

What i'm looking for as i said is.
-Extremely silent
-Energy efficient offering some proections
-Easy cable installation
-And not so many watts since i wont need them, and i need it to be budget.

Which one would you guys recommend?

You could've posted your system specs for us to realise how much wattage is safe to recommend.. Anyways, you can look towards getting a Seasonic S12II 520 or a Corsair VX 550.. Both are highly and silent.. As for the cable management part, you'll have to work it out yourself.. Both those PSU's have nicely sleeved cables but are non modular..

therock003

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
Specs. AM3 Mobo with Athlon 64 II x4 640, with 2x 2GB dd3 sticks, and a passive 5770 radeon card. I dont believe i forgot anything. I wont be overcklocking or doing anything heavy duty. I think even the lowest wattage should be fine.

Even my overclock 920 with nvidia gtx275 and 12gb ram doesnt go well above 290 according to my wattage meter!

I'm between the Season 400 Fanless and Enermax 525 modu 87+. I need to decide which one, and the price i'm going to spend. Both go a little over 150 Euro which is a lot for a budget PSU.