Rate my $750 Build (3d mark scores included)

katiklysm

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
I have run Prime95 for about an Hour.

I didn't see where it was reporting anything performance related in it- so I didn't use it much for benching (should I be?)

I mainly wanted to see what my Core Temp maxxed at. It appeared that 2 of my cores maxed at a disappointing 80C, and though I was going to put off the OC/heatsink for a couple of months- I'm a bit worried that I may not have seated the stock garbage heatsink correctly so I'd like to get that rectified so that I am not pushing within 20C of TJ MAX.

g048989h

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Not for benchmarking but to ensure stability in CPU cores, RAM, HDD and PSU. I dont know how familiar you are with it, I am no expert but have found it useful in tweaking settings for max performance. Most people say 24 hours of prime, I run for 12 hrs. If you have some paste around you could re-seat the stock HSF and see if it helps. I guess you know to clean both the CPU and the base of the HSF and re-apply new paste if you decide to try that. For all I know I-5's run 80c under load. Have you Goggled it? A HSF isn't expensive. CM Hyper 212 + would meet your needs for less than 40.00.

leastat

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Memory 3072 MB ? its not showing all 4 gigs in benchmark
but all in all it runs on par with my overclocked core 2 quad at 3.33ghz with dual gtx260s not a bad system if ur looking for air cooling i would go with the Prolimatech CPU Cooler for Intel Socket 1156, 1366 and 775 it will sell for about 50$ on amazon

katiklysm

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

Memory is on 3GB when using a 1GB Graphics card. A full 1GB physical is devoted to the PCI-E Lane.

For Coolers I have it does between: Prolima Megahalems, CM Hyper 212+, and Scythe Mugen 2 Rev b.

I think it will need to be the CM Hyper though- as my RAM has a relatively high profile and I am afraid that an intruding heatsink would not fit the board/ram.

leastat

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
evga is good at clearance for large cpu coolers i have see builds with dominator fiting under it fine but it realy all comes down too the motherbord try google and see if anyone has the same motherbord with high profile ram and a large cpu cooler?