Sign in with
Your question

CPU + outside Winter & Ebay Shipping?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 12, 2010 5:03:58 PM

Hello there. I am looking to buy a new CPU (well sorta new) its the AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ off ebay and well i'm just wondering how does the shipping work for ebay, say if i order it, it comes a week later and im not home what will they do? will they leave it on my front steps or put it in my mailbox? and also if they do leave it there will the CPU break in anyway from the snow outside/coldness?
a b à CPUs
December 12, 2010 5:14:07 PM

^ Yep just let it hang around until it's about room temperature and your good.
December 12, 2010 7:23:44 PM

Alright, the CPU also comes with a Fan and Thermal paste so how will those do in the cold?
Related resources
December 12, 2010 10:25:00 PM

oh don't worry i live in the country so i have really no neighbors, but yea thats my only fear since i'm 15 i dont want it to go to the office since im kinda going behind my Parents backs doing this. im not aloud to buy stuff online but im aloud to buy a CPU if i want so.... lol well thank you for helping me.
December 13, 2010 12:34:00 AM

Lol oh i know it'll be compatible i've been searching for like 2 months now. i though the 6000+ would work but i don't want to risk it since my mobo might not support processors with 125 max usage or whatever. just hopefully no problems with it, It'll be a huge jump forward from a single core
December 13, 2010 10:28:26 PM

Really the brisbane is the better chip? from what i've seen on forums (from google searches) the windsor is the better chip the Windsor chip is also 5 dollers more expensive than the brisbane chip
December 13, 2010 10:54:15 PM

Oh, hmm i dunno what i want to buy then. since i don't have a good motherboard its just a stock one from an acer Aspire t180, but i mostly just want performance with out overclocking, and im scared to get the 6000+ since i don't know if it works, now for the 6-8 business days paypal takes to put money on their i got to think.. tough choices Lol
December 14, 2010 12:07:25 AM

well your suggesting getting a 5800+ and i cannot get one, the only 2 choices i have are the 5600+ windsor or brisbane. and from what i've read Brisbane runs cooler and overclocks better, but im not even going to be overclocking that much or any. i'm going to look on some forums to see which is better without overclocking. but this is very helpful becuase i'd rather the faster/better chip im just making sure.
December 14, 2010 6:05:28 PM

Sorry lol im going with the 5600+ but thank you for the help
!