MCP61PM-GM REV: 2.4

todacreek

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Hello,
I have read the posts for this mobo, but there are too many mixed to tell. ECS support says it was up to Gateway how they configured them. Apparently the revision (2.4) was the deciding factor on this. Gateway has the first specs but not for revisions. Thus everyone's confusion.
I would like to change out the processor to a (Athlon 2 or Phenom 2 ?) quad core at around 95w. Some say it will handle it, others say no. Before I spend my limited money, I hope one of the many compupeople out there can help. Thanks guys!
Emachine ET1331g-03w: AMD Athlon 2 x2 235e, Nvidia 6150SE, 6GB DDR2, Win7 Home Premium 64bit

todacreek

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

It's up there in the main title ^ ^ "Rev:2.4". Any help would be appreciated. There is barely anything about this revision in regards to specs.
Gateway bought Emachines out or merged them (can't remember right off). But they are kinda like HP and Compaq now, I think.
I have heard ONE other person that said this would accept 95w processors? But can't find anyone that KNOWS for sure. Right now, these processors are pretty cheap, so I'd like to be able to do this, but my BUDGET says to be sure of it first.

todacreek

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
That's why I was asking the techno wizards out there. Someone has to know. Thank you for posting though. Hopefully someone else will have something more to add.
It's almost as if this mobo doesn't EXIST with this revision. I have been able to find one or two that say it will support up to 95w. But once again.. no "for sures".