Sign in with
Your question

Reactivate xp graphics adapter

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 10, 2010 3:23:22 PM

Please help, I stupidly turned off the graphics adapter on my PC running Windows XP Pro SP2 - as it wasn't showing the correct display properties, and now the screen goes black once XP has loaded up!!? I KNOW - I'm an idiot, but I clicked Apply, rather than cancel and rebooted my PC, now I cannot get back in to undo my error!! Can anyone tell me please how to fix this in the start up Bios Menus?

Any efforts and assistance would be H-U-G-E-L-Y appreciated!!

Many thanks,

Anon
(Anne I Diot)
August 10, 2010 3:40:09 PM

I'm pretty sure the standard key for the BIOS menu is Delete. It needs to be pressed at a certain time, but I usually press it rapidly as soon as I turn on the computer until the BIOS screen appears; that way, I won't miss the time to press it : D

When you're in there, there should be a key to press that will get the bios back to optimized defaults.
August 11, 2010 9:00:35 AM

Thanks Gladiator,

I did try that, and even tried starting in safe mode, but as this is on a CMC Electronics "Electronic Flight Bag" (Pilot AID only), it would not start in safe mode, and even when optimised settings were used, the same problem exists.

I was wondering if there's a setting somewhere I can access at start up to enable the Graphics Adapter for XP?
August 11, 2010 9:16:36 PM

So you can't get into safe mode, but you can go to the bios screen? Just making sure.

If you can see the BIOS screen, there might be a submenu that says something like 'PCI/PnP Management' where you can choose options about video adapter settings.
!