Sign in with
Your question

Acer aspire t180-ub7z

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
September 19, 2010 7:26:18 PM

can anyone please help,
i am trying to fix the above pc which will not boot, on switching it on it goes straight to the acer splash screen & then wont respond
it will not let me enter gthe bios settings or the boot menu, i think the ketboard is working as it flashes on start up, i have tried different keyboards

it doesnt seem to do the post test - there is no cmos script on start up it just goes straight to this splash screen
any ideas??

thanks

More about : acer aspire t180 ub7z

September 19, 2010 7:29:54 PM

Try resetting BIOS to defaults. The easy way is to pull the motherboard battery out for a min or two.
Anonymous
September 19, 2010 7:37:35 PM

hi, thanks for the reply, i have tried this & nothing has happened
Related resources
Anonymous
September 19, 2010 7:50:28 PM

what would be the reason for it going straight to the splash screen, does this indicate a problem with the bios??

i have removed the ram & started it up & got the error beeps so i think this means the mboard is ok?

the processor also heats up so i think this is ok

also everything seems to be getting power to it so i take it the psu is fine

dont know what else to try, & im getting really frustrated :pfff:  arghhhhhh

any advice would be very much appreciated!!
Anonymous
September 19, 2010 7:54:12 PM

il give it a go
thanks!
Anonymous
September 19, 2010 8:30:26 PM

still no joy, 'cleared the cmos again via both removing the batt & by moving the jumper, checked all psu connections

still getting this acer splash screen immediately after switching it on
September 19, 2010 8:57:38 PM

Changes are that something vent bad. To eliminate software have you tried recovery using the CD?
Memory, PSU, motherboard etc are all under suspicion if hardware. Any chance it is still under warranty?
Anonymous
September 19, 2010 9:52:25 PM

no i think the warranty expired in the last year?,
ive tried a windows disc & it still goes straight to the acer splash screen & wont respond, the dvd drive is running fine & you can hear it spinning but just remains the same & wont give me any options whatsoever( bios or boot, setup )
September 20, 2010 1:00:43 AM

What you need to try is removing components and try starting up with bare essentials like one stick of ram and so on, or basic bread boarding.
December 21, 2010 3:25:56 PM

I have the exact same issue with the same machine...
They said they had a virus before it went this wonky...
But I think I narrowed it down to either the RAM being BOTH wasted or the CPU is fried...

It shows the Acer screen then the PC locks up (caps lock stops responding)
!