Screensaver won't display after installing flat panel

I installed a new flat panel monitor (Westinghouse) and at the same time I
installed a new wireless keyboard & mouse (Microsoft). Now the screensaver
(typical XP) won't activate. I can preview it, but it will not activate no
matter what time I set it to start. Same with the power option - no matter
what I set it to, my monitor will not power off.

This is a plug and play monitor, so no driver is necessary. Reloaded the
graphics driver. Rebooted, of course. Also reloaded graphics card driver. No
luck.

Anyone run into this before?
--
jcstevens
www.sitewitch.com

    Does not matter. Still needs the correct driver installed for the monitor.
    Failing that try switching back to the wired pointing and keyboard devices.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    jcstevens wrote:
    > I installed a new wireless keyboard & mouse (Microsoft). Now the
    > screensaver (typical XP) won't activate.

    This a common problem with wireless keyboards / mice.

    Try connecting them to the PS/2 ports using the included plug adapters,
    instead of USB. That is rumoured to help, specifically with the Microsoft
    kits.

    --
    Chris Priede (priede@panix.com)

    jcstevens wrote:
    > I installed a new flat panel monitor (Westinghouse) and at the same
    > time I installed a new wireless keyboard & mouse (Microsoft). Now the
    > screensaver (typical XP) won't activate. I can preview it, but it
    > will not activate no matter what time I set it to start. Same with
    > the power option - no matter what I set it to, my monitor will not
    > power off.
    >
    > This is a plug and play monitor, so no driver is necessary. Reloaded
    > the graphics driver. Rebooted, of course. Also reloaded graphics card
    > driver. No luck.
    >
    > Anyone run into this before?

    The new monitor has nothing to do with it. You could hook it up to a TV set
    and since the monitor is an output device - not an input - it won't prevent
    your screensaver from working. In other words - if you see the picture on
    the screen and the screensaver preview works - then the problem is with some
    input device sending a signal to the computer periodically and preventing
    the start of the screensaver automatically.

    Remove your wireless devices. See if all of a sudden you get functionality
    back. Barring complete removal - just remove the batteries of the devices.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Configuration Screensaver Monitors Windows XP