Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to save dieing hard drive?

Last response: in Storage
December 29, 2012 9:09:59 AM

Ok guys well my hard drive is like dieing whenever I try to install a new game or something. After it dies I restart my system and it works again. I already backed up my files I just need to know if there is a way to save it before it dies all together. So yea Im willing to try anything. Thanks

More about : save dieing hard drive

a b G Storage
December 29, 2012 9:38:11 AM

Sounds like you've got bad sectors. Do a surface scan with EaseUS Partition Master and then repartition the whole drive around the bad sectors.
December 29, 2012 9:48:35 AM

Soda-88 said:
Sounds like you've got bad sectors. Do a surface scan with EaseUS Partition Master and then repartition the whole drive around the bad sectors.

Alright I'll give it a shot thanks man
Related resources
December 29, 2012 1:10:06 PM

Soda-88 said:

I did what you said and I didn't receive any bad sectors I also defragged the drive btw.
a b G Storage
December 29, 2012 1:22:20 PM

What's the brand and model of your HDD?
December 29, 2012 1:39:42 PM

Soda-88 said:
What's the brand and model of your HDD?

It's a Toshiba HDKPC03 DT01ACA100 1TB Hard Drive

Best solution

a b G Storage
December 29, 2012 1:47:35 PM

Hmm, try running comprehensive test with Windows Diagnostic Tool found here:
http://storage.toshiba.com/storage-services-support/war...

If this one doesn't report any bad sectors than I'm afraid you're in for a HDD replacement.
December 29, 2012 3:28:54 PM

Soda-88 said:
Hmm, try running comprehensive test with Windows Diagnostic Tool found here:
http://storage.toshiba.com/storage-services-support/war...

If this one doesn't report any bad sectors than I'm afraid you're in for a HDD replacement.

Yeah it didn't and yea I was just wondering if there was any way to save it but Im just gonna get it replaced thanks for your help man.
December 29, 2012 3:29:15 PM

Best answer selected by Aminostic.
!