Sign in with
Your question

The BEST netbook or laptop for $400

Last response: in Systems
September 19, 2010 9:43:40 PM

EDIT: I am now looking for deals within $300 USD!!

I am willing to buy from www.newegg.com www.tigerdirect.com www.amazon.com or any other company that is based within the U.S. As long as the store is reliable and the laptop uses quality parts.

I do not want to buy from ebay.

I am basically looking to get fastest CPU and as much RAM for $300, and that's about it.

Higher resolution screens are a plus.

I want one that uses an INTEL chip, unless someone can convince me that an AMD chip runs faster for the price range I am giving. I don't know why, but I have always stayed away from AMD.

Let the deliberation begin! Thanks for the help in advance! :) 

More about : netbook laptop 400

September 20, 2010 7:49:22 AM

i should have said this earlier, but for some reason i would rather not buy from ebay!
Related resources
September 20, 2010 2:28:46 PM

A netbook will not have much ram or cpu, nor will it have a high resolution screen. Some retailers have low priced 15" laptops and this will be your best bet if you need to buy new. You might find some deals on refurbs, such as from dell.com's outlet. Otherwise you will have to search for deals on used and that will be a big mess of sorting through different models and ages.
September 20, 2010 5:08:21 PM

i'd rather just get a new one. the point is that i just want the best new one i can get :p 

and remember--i am actually looking for something $300 (not $400, sorry).
September 21, 2010 8:13:36 AM

look at the links i gave :)  there are quite a few choices!

if anyone else sees a good one for $300 please let me know!
a c 406 D Laptop
September 21, 2010 8:45:45 AM

What is the Netbook being used for?
September 21, 2010 4:20:17 PM

skype webcam calls, general browsing, maybe listening to some music, and maybe watching some movies/tv shows.

some things to keep in mind that i mentioned before:

"Basically I want the best CPU and RAM I can get. The webcam is pretty important too. I want something with clearer picture. I also need a built in mic (not just a mic jack). "
!