Sign in with
Your question

Asus Radeon 5850 posting, booting windows, no display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 10, 2010 6:00:06 PM

I am really hoping someone can help me out here.
I have an ASUS CG5270 desktop computer with upgraded power supply and graphics
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300
OCz ModXstream 600w PSU with 50a on the 12v rails, 25v each
Asus EAH5850 Radeon GDDR5 1Gb

I was happily running this config no probs for some time, then I heard my video card fan get too loud, and removed the card from the system to cofirm it was the fan i had heard increase in volume. It was. but when i put it back in the fan runs normally now.

now that I have blown it out with canned air, and re-installed it, It will not show anything on my display when connected to the card. I know the bios posts, and windows even loads, I can hear it startup on the speakers. If I switch back to my onboard Intel Graphics the system work, providing i remove the 5850. and I have ensured proper seating, plugged in 6 pin power connectors, checked bios settings for graphics boot priority. I am at a loss now :heink:  . any help? ;) 

As I said this system was running flawlessly for a couple months previous to this.

THanks in advance,

August 10, 2010 6:03:00 PM

RMA time.
m
l
August 10, 2010 6:08:48 PM

That is what I feared . . . but Starcraft 2 . . . Intel just cant handle your sweetness without ATIs help, what will I do? seiously though, thanks for replying quickly. Im calling ASUS now, but if anyone else has any try at home suggestions, im still listening, lol.
m
l
Related resources
August 10, 2010 6:12:37 PM

If you have warranty left then do it, otherwise seniors would recommend you to bake it. but i don't see how that will fix the output. Good luck man.

so what were you doing when this happened?
m
l
a c 272 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 10, 2010 7:32:05 PM

Fetal said:
If you have warranty left then do it, otherwise seniors would recommend you to bake it. but i don't see how that will fix the output. Good luck man.

so what were you doing when this happened?

I haven't heard of the baking trick working on an ATi card, maybe they just can't take the heat?
m
l
August 10, 2010 7:35:38 PM

HAHA really? why is that?

may be they start working when you put them in freezer for 20 mins eh?

or liquid nitrogen -200c?
m
l
!