Asus Radeon 5850 posting, booting windows, no display

I am really hoping someone can help me out here.
I have an ASUS CG5270 desktop computer with upgraded power supply and graphics
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300
OCz ModXstream 600w PSU with 50a on the 12v rails, 25v each
Asus EAH5850 Radeon GDDR5 1Gb

I was happily running this config no probs for some time, then I heard my video card fan get too loud, and removed the card from the system to cofirm it was the fan i had heard increase in volume. It was. but when i put it back in the fan runs normally now.

now that I have blown it out with canned air, and re-installed it, It will not show anything on my display when connected to the card. I know the bios posts, and windows even loads, I can hear it startup on the speakers. If I switch back to my onboard Intel Graphics the system work, providing i remove the 5850. and I have ensured proper seating, plugged in 6 pin power connectors, checked bios settings for graphics boot priority. I am at a loss now :heink: . any help? ;)

As I said this system was running flawlessly for a couple months previous to this.

THanks in advance,
5 answers Last reply
More about asus radeon 5850 posting booting windows display
  1. RMA time.
  2. That is what I feared . . . but Starcraft 2 . . . Intel just cant handle your sweetness without ATIs help, what will I do? seiously though, thanks for replying quickly. Im calling ASUS now, but if anyone else has any try at home suggestions, im still listening, lol.
  3. If you have warranty left then do it, otherwise seniors would recommend you to bake it. but i don't see how that will fix the output. Good luck man.

so what were you doing when this happened?
  4. Fetal said:
    If you have warranty left then do it, otherwise seniors would recommend you to bake it. but i don't see how that will fix the output. Good luck man.

so what were you doing when this happened?

I haven't heard of the baking trick working on an ATi card, maybe they just can't take the heat?
  5. HAHA really? why is that?

may be they start working when you put them in freezer for 20 mins eh?

or liquid nitrogen -200c?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Graphics