Help with previous build!

droylock

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
I recently built a new computer about 3 months back and i still feel as if something is not right. I play games such as WoW, Lord of rings online, BFBC2, GTA 4, TF2, and CSS. When im on the MMO games, i chug a lot, i think due to my graphics card. I put settings on Medium/high at 1440x900 res is were its orginally at and still chugs. My fps is usually at 30-40. When i play games like BFBC2 or GTA 4 i get the same problem. Res at 1440x900 and settings at medium/high, the fps is usually around 50. But i love when my games run smooth not have chug spots all the time. My system specs are:

Amd Phenom x6 1055t on stock cooler
Asus M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard
XFX ATI HD 5850 @ stock
Western Digital 500gb Hard Drive
Corsair xms3 4gb 1600mhz
BFG 1000w Power Supply
Antec 902 Case

I ran furmark a while back and results 3561 points at fullscreen, res at 1400x900, no AA. Temps at 43 degree max.
Im completely clueless, my friend owns a gtx 260 216 graphics card that beats mine in any game on max settings. I need help to find out whats wrong.

Deadstick50

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
So............ are you saying its the online games only?? Or all of them?
If its just the online look at the idea that you ISP has a problem, or your modem is acting up. If its all the games but you getting 30-50 fps i cant see that being a video card prob, certainly not with the XFX you got.....I would wonder if you have some scheduled event running in the background...maybe a virus scanner kicking in??

hope this helps, Dead

droylock

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Well idk if its the online problem, but that could be a good reason. I recently do LANS and what not so when im at other internet networks i still have the same problem. I usually play GTA 4 and BFBC2 offline a lot, same problem persists. My security system is avast and i have been through most of the settings and dont ever see a scanner in the background. Even through the processes.

Deadstick50

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Nope, Im sorry but Im not into all that my benchmark is bigger than yours stuff, so I dont have a clue what a good # would be! ;)
So go ahead and try the drivers.....let me know if it helps, or not!

Dead

You don't mention what version of CCC you're running.
I would uninstall CCC in ADD/REMOVE
Download Driversweeper and install
Run in safemode
Check off ATI
Click purge
Start normal
Install last stable version of CCC as Admin
I have a XFX 5850 and use CCC 10.4 btw.