hamada-ps2

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
i have cpu i3 530 2.9 and 8go ram and 460 gtx (gigabyte)
are my pc good 4 games?
and wich system i need to use bit64 or bit32?
and wich windows i need to get?

outsidemyself

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010

Urhm. I'm pretty new to this, but my impression is that if you have anything over 3GB of RAM, you need to use 64-bit, otherwise it won't be recognised.

As for the games, I suppose it depends which games you're planning on playing. A few random magazine articles I read recently recommended i5's+ for gaming, but didn't really justify, I'm guessing bang-for-your-buck kinda thing. i3's apparently came under budget builds, but I guess if you have a decent GPU? (Sorry, can't comment on the 460gtx) Sorry, don't have any references and/or links for all this random info.

Simply Put:
Yes.
64-bit.
Windows 7.

In more detail:
Depends on the game but your system should be able to handle all current games, you may have to lower some details on the more intensive ones.

64-bit windows OS's are the only ones capable of using or "seeing" more than a theoretical 4GB of memory. This number is actually less due to system reservations and some other stuff. Windows 7 is the latest operating system and an improvement over windows vista. They will both work but I recommend 7. The 64-bit version of windows XP however, is unstable and flawed.

hamada-ps2

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010

you may have to lower some details on the more intensive ones ( i got that i can run game's in medium)
thanks any way