Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Desktop wireless adapter (TL-WN353G) causing blue screen of death

Last response: in Components
December 13, 2010 12:03:39 PM

A month ago I installed a TP-Link TL-WN353G into my Dell desktop computer (a 5150 -- from a few years ago.) Ever since I installed it, my computer has been acting strange, and on a few occasions has popped up with a blue screen of death (Stop 0x0000000A - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). My computer never did this before I installed the wireless adapter, so I'm assuming the problems lie with the recently installed hardware. I've installed the latest drivers available off the TP-Link website, I've done system tests (like booting to the Dell Utility partition), I've started the computer in its Last Good Known Configuration -- I've tried everything.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it is doing this or how I can stop it?

Has anyone else dealt with a similar problem?
December 13, 2010 12:27:15 PM

(Stop 0x0000000A - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).

What the message means is you have what is called and IRQ conflict.
Each IRQ number is assigned to a hardware device to allow it to talk directly to the CPU and the system memory when needed.
Your problem is you have more than one Device that wants the same IRQ number and Path to talk to the CPU.

Go into the bios and turn off ports, if you have the option to do so that you never use.
Most common are Lpt 1 and serial ports.
Midi port is also an option if you dont use it.

If you go to system in the control pannel, then to device manager you can also work out what Irq is the problem.
Just look at how many device are requesting the same IRQ number.
Right click on a device in the window, properties, then the resources tab.
Score
December 13, 2010 8:46:29 PM

According to the Device Manager, my TP-Link Adapter has the same IRQ as the "Intel 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9"

And two of the "USB Universal Host Controllers" have the same IRQ number (One is a USB Universal Host Controller -- the other is a USB2 Universal Host Controller)
Score
Related resources
December 13, 2010 9:06:07 PM

(Not meaning to bump the post, honest.)

Here is my IRQ list.

Shaun o said:
(Stop 0x0000000A - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).

What the message means is you have what is called and IRQ conflict.
Each IRQ number is assigned to a hardware device to allow it to talk directly to the CPU and the system memory when needed.
Your problem is you have more than one Device that wants the same IRQ number and Path to talk to the CPU.

Go into the bios and turn off ports, if you have the option to do so that you never use.
Most common are Lpt 1 and serial ports.
Midi port is also an option if you dont use it.

If you go to system in the control pannel, then to device manager you can also work out what Irq is the problem.
Just look at how many device are requesting the same IRQ number.
Right click on a device in the window, properties, then the resources tab.

Score
December 14, 2010 11:20:10 AM

The board and usb host controler does not like the fact that the wireless adapter wants to use IRQ 18.
All i can say is, and have no doubt you have tried this.
Is swap the usb port that the wireless adapter is in to another one.
It may help.

Score
December 14, 2010 2:48:26 PM

Shaun o said:
The board and usb host controler does not like the fact that the wireless adapter wants to use IRQ 18.
All i can say is, and have no doubt you have tried this.
Is swap the usb port that the wireless adapter is in to another one.
It may help.

I would, except the wireless adapter is plugged in via PCI.
Score
December 15, 2010 12:43:07 AM

Is a fix for this possible?
Score
!