Sign in with
Your question

Bois chip asus

Last response: in Motherboards
August 10, 2011 3:02:22 PM

Hello,
motherboard is lighting up, fans on, harddrive power, pci express video card on, but nothing on screen. Could it be my bios chip?

More about : bois chip asus

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 292 V Motherboard
August 10, 2011 3:07:25 PM

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

What says your mobo's manual about that?
August 18, 2011 12:42:29 AM

I've done everything including clearing CMOS and everything else I can find and I believe it may have something to do with my new ULTRA CPU Fan. It has its own seperate speed controller and my ASUS AI Booster and Overclocker also has a controller and I think it may have conflicted with it in the BIOS. I cant get anything on the screen. I just ordered a new BIOS Chip Pre-Flashed from ASUS so for 5 dollars I hope it fixes it instead of a new $400 MOBO
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 292 V Motherboard
August 18, 2011 12:56:38 PM

Did you tried without the ultra CPU fan?
August 26, 2011 11:52:35 AM

saint19 said:
Did you tried without the ultra CPU fan?

Yea, tried every component except intel 6700 core 2 extreme quad processor.I got my new BIOS chip (preflashed) installed it and no luck. I can oull everything off my board and I get no beeps. The BIOS chip was almost last resort. Now its a debate of getting a new MOBO (Striker ~$250~), sending in my Striker Extreme to ASUS for repair for $80-$120, or getting a newer but less expensive MOBO suchh as ASUS P5 series or Gigabit.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 292 V Motherboard
August 26, 2011 2:03:08 PM

You should try with another CPU before change the mobo.
!