denvercoulter

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2005

Ok guys heres one for you... I just started at this company (15
employees) all running XP SP2, they have a server running 2003. My
issues is that if i add an icon to the desktop of the server, it pushes
it out to the desktop of the end users upon their next login.
Likewise if a desktop user adds an icon to their desktop it pushes it
out to the other users upon their next login(but not to the server).
They have known about this issue and have never resolved it. I have
wracked my brain and hit Technet but got nowhere. Any thoughts??
ideas??
Thanks
Denver

DenverCoulter@gmail.com wrote:
> Likewise if a desktop user adds an icon to their desktop it pushes it
> out to the other users upon their next login(but not to the server).

What this sounds like most is a group policy redirecting the users' Desktop
folders to the same network location for everybody. This article describes
how to undo that:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888203

When set up correctly for the situation, folder redirection is actually very
useful. You may wish to read up on it:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Folder+Redirection

--
Chris Priede (priede@panix.com)