colebooner

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
I'm in a bit of a predicament, I had an old computer that had a recently purchased HDD in it. (Western Digital Caviar Blue) I took apart the computer to see if I could spare some parts for my upcoming build. The HDD was one of them. The problem is I had windows Xp installed on this HDD and for my upcoming build I'm purchasing Windows 7, I do not know how to wipe the hard drive/delete everything on it.

I can't put the hard drive back in the computer because every component that I wasn't using has been thrown out. Any Solutions?

Solution
Put the HDD into your new computer. Boot from the Windows 7 cd. There will be an option before the install to format your old HDD. Format it and re-partition it. Then install windows 7 to the new partition.

clok555

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
when you put it in your new computer you can use the windows seven setup to delete partition. google: windows 7 setup partition deletion. then simply install win 7

flexxar

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Put the HDD into your new computer. Boot from the Windows 7 cd. There will be an option before the install to format your old HDD. Format it and re-partition it. Then install windows 7 to the new partition.

Solution