cadefoster

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
I am having a strange issue with my pc audio. I recently built a new system and I am using the Asus P7P55D Pro mobo onboard sound card. When I was testing my speakers with the Via HD audio deck, I noticed that the right speakers bass/treble was different from the left. I then tried headphones to see if it was just the speakers but it sounded the same. I tried updating the via hd audio drivers and then uninstall and let windows reinstall but still no luck. anybody have any idea what would be causing this? Also using Win 7 64-bit.

cadefoster

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for the reply. That was my first thought as well but all the sound options I can find seem very limited. I checked the speaker balance and they are balanced evenly but I can't find any option to check the individual speaker bass/treble balance. Any idea as to where to find those settings? Thanks again.

Bad Cyborg

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
My Asus mainboard also comes with VIA HD, and seems to be having the same problem. It's either that, or my speakers may be unbalanced. Anyway, if you'd installed the VIA driver, you should see a new icon on your Notification Area part of your taskbar, called VIA HD Audio Deck. Select it, and you will be able to set your left and right volume thru the slider controls. You won't be able to control treble and bass on individual channels though, but changing the volume might help a little.

The problem I'm facing with the VIA audio is quite a different thing. For some reason the left and right channel is switched on my Asus board. I had to rearranged the speakers to get the L and R to come out right. Speakers is an easy fix. Headphones is a tough one. Some headsets don't allow you to switch sides and still be wearable, such as this:

http://gadget-t.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/logitech-headset.jpg