Buldozer support for msi 785g-e53

ajinta

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Hello,
am wondering if my current MSI motherboard will support upcoming amd buldozer processors. my board is msi 785g-e53.
noticed that many am3 boards will get bios updates ffor buldozer support, and if enyone knows where to find which one, plese tell me.

ajinta

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
yes is is am3 board but asus said tha all their 700/800 boards will get am3+ processor support wia bios update.
so am wondering if msi is going to do the same

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
the am3 sockets are supposed to support the new bulldozer processors, but will need BIOS update from the manufacturer to do so

the am3+ sockets will be able to benefit from the power benefits (multiple adjustable voltages)

nothing has been confirm 100% as to the differences between the am3 and am3+ socket, but i am also crossing my fingers hoping my board will get an update as well to support bulldozer,,,but i'm not holding my breath either.

you won't know for sure until the chip gets here or the manufacturer sends out a bios update.

to be honest, you own the board already so either it will or won't support the upcoming bulldozer, so you are going to have to wait for now - at least you aren't in a situation where you have to purchase a new MB and hope.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
i think its the same article i read, basically "wait and see" as nothing has been put out there yet for any kind of verification --- if it works "good enough" it may be worthwhile for some people 'me' to upgrade to bulldozer now, maybe have some less functionality for a while and then upgrade board later.

ajinta

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
yes i am yust corious if my board will soppurt new chips when i decide to upgrade my 1090t clocked at 4 ghz which by the way works wonderfuy, but i will not yump an buldozer like a lion on a peice of meat, and it is quite posible that i will buy a new board for buldozer in future because i will wont to have maximum performance yust like now with 1090t .

ajinta

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
yes i am yust corious if my board will soppurt new chips when i decide to upgrade my 1090t clocked at 4 ghz which by the way works wonderfuy, but i will not yump an buldozer like a lion on a peice of meat, and it is quite posible that i will buy a new board for buldozer in future because i will wont to have maximum performance yust like now with 1090t .