Sign in with
Your question

Computer shuts down randomly

Last response: in CPUs
December 13, 2010 8:39:42 PM

Hello, My computer gets to the windows screen and then shuts off. i can get it to usually load into vista after letting it sit in the bios settings till the system temp reaches 31 degrees celcius, but after a while the computer will shut down randomly and it will always load right back up into windows. i just cant seem to start it when its cold for some reason. ive changed out the ram and tried different sticks in both slots and neither has affected the issue. i tried putting in a different hd but it just goes to blue screen and restarts. i cant load into safe mode or have the system check for errors unless like i stated earlier it just turns off unless it hits the right system temp.
a b à CPUs
December 13, 2010 8:57:33 PM

That is a strange one all right. I would start off by swapping out the PSU. If that doesn't work I would pick the motherboard as the next most likely suspect. I would definitely start with the PSU however.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 13, 2010 9:48:00 PM

Have you tried manually setting your cpu voltage and even try increasing it?
m
l
Related resources
a c 89 à CPUs
December 14, 2010 12:32:55 AM

Most likely PSU. What brand/model/age is your PSU? Also motherboards can do this if theyre a bit old and have leaky caps.
m
l
December 14, 2010 5:40:06 AM

jj_32 should get the boot!!!!

Anyways. Is your CPU O/C'd at all?
m
l
December 23, 2010 6:22:05 AM

I took it into a repair shop to have it diagnosed and they said it was a bad mobo had 4 blown capacitors, so im going to replace the mobo and the psu at the same time.
m
l
!