Super Build

Hi guys, im building a new pc. And my budget isapprox between 1500$ to 2300$ Honestly doesnt matter what price but peferrebly not more than 2150$ (id like some change)


My Configuration:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D

CPU: Intel i7 930

Cooling Fan: COOLIT Vantage Water Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme x58 Chipset

Internal Expansion: Asus U3S6 Storage USB 3.0

Memory: Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400

GPU: GTX 480 eVGA

Power Supply: THERMALTAKE W0171 1500W TOUGHPOWER CABLE MANAGEMENT

Hard Drive: 2TB Western Digital 3.5 SATA Hard Drive

Boot Drive: 128GB Kingston SSD

Optical Drive: 24x Double layer DVD RW Super Allwrite

Sound Card: Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series

PLANNING ON OVERCLOCKING ALLOT!

Expected Performance:
MAX Settings on all of theese games (expecting ATLEAST 25fps)

Crysis
GTA IV
MW2
BFBC2
MafiaII

BTW Screen: 24" LG Full HD
21 answers Last reply
More about super build
  1. lol its almost impssible to max crysis.... i dont think that u need that system... u can max with this:

    phenom ii x4 955

    m4a89gtd pro/usb3

    4gb ddr3 1600mhz cl7

    samsung spinpoint f3 1tb

    xfx black edition 850w

    noctua nh-d14

    case... ur choise... but thatone has vry bad cooling.. its made to make full watercooling...
    tel me wath things u want on a case and i can recomend u someones...

    soundcard... (if u really think u will notice the diference... its better to spend the moeny on a good pair of headphones) asus xonar dx

    pd: u will be able to play crysis but in some parts the fps will be lower than 25(in dificult parts)
  2. Go for two GTX 460s in SLI, and a 6gb DDR3 triple channel RAM kit. DDR2 is not what you want. And honestly, that motherboard is overkill. Look at the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. Those Rampage boards are not for someone who specs DDR2 in their X58 build... trust me.
  3. lol.... but he can max that games wit a much cheaper build.... i think over $2000 is for enthusiast :P
  4. (for gaming lol)
  5. Juanchioo said:
    lol its almost impssible to max crysis.... i dont think that u need that system... u can max with this:

    phenom ii x4 955

    m4a89gtd pro/usb3

    4gb ddr3 1600mhz cl7

    samsung spinpoint f3 1tb

    xfx black edition 850w

    noctua nh-d14

    case... ur choise... but thatone has vry bad cooling.. its made to make full watercooling...
    tel me wath things u want on a case and i can recomend u someones...

    soundcard... (if u really think u will notice the diference... its better to spend the moeny on a good pair of headphones) asus xonar dx

    pd: u will be able to play crysis but in some parts the fps will be lower than 25(in dificult parts)

    I got the case cause of watercooling :P
    BTW i wrote some wrong parts :P the ram is ddr3 btw AND OFC i will upgrade specs
    GPU: 480 GTX eVGA (Later i will add on another one)
    RAM: 3x4gb DDR3 (Going to upgrade to 24gb 6x4gb)
  6. Also i am not only a gamer, i made 3D intros for companies

    ALL THEESE PROGRAMS ARE NORMALLY RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME:
    Adobe After Effects CS5 (Rendering)
    Adobe AFter Effects CS5 (Editing)
    Sony Vegas 8.0 (Rendering)
    3Ds Max (Rendering and Editing)
    GTA IV/Mafia II and Grid
  7. max crysis hey hmmm

    haf x

    SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 2 off

    MSI N470GTX-M2D12-B GeForce GTX 470 2 off

    ABS SL series SL1050 1050W

    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model 998832

    ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

    CORSAIR Hydro H70 CWCH70 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler

    Corsair Nova Series CSSD-V128GB2-BRKT 2.5" 128GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

    Subtotal: $2,330.89

    the nvidia cards run hot you dont need the 800d unless you gonna go full water

    sli 470's and enough power to add a third

    the coolit systems lagging a bit behind the new corsair

    faster ram
  8. Really H70? Custom water is the way to go!
  9. The vantage? Really? The rest of your stuff is gonna be red hot.. get some custom water or a good case.
  10. Mr Pizza said:
    The vantage? Really? The rest of your stuff is gonna be red hot.. get some custom water or a good case.

    Ok the reason is that i considered the h70 is becouse i am not experienced with Water Cooling, so if i have to make a custom one, forget it.. Never made my one WC system
    Unless you could reccomend me the BEST Coolers for the gpu, Cpu, ram...... i have no idea
    Please tell me the Coolers i should have in this case (Price doesnt matter)
  11. well a good beginners water cooling would be one of swiftechs pre made kits other then that its a huge amount of research but its worth it to get the best of the best
  12. obsidian86 said:
    well a good beginners water cooling would be one of swiftechs pre made kits other then that its a huge amount of research but its worth it to get the best of the best

    Ok choosen the H2O-220 Ultima But now its about 50 dollars over my budget, so i am thinking of buying this powersupple instead:
    Chieftec Super Series CFT-1200G-DF 1200Watt
    Is this PSU any good?
  13. chieftec is a mixed bag of thing some good some bad but do you really need 1.2kw?
  14. obsidian86 said:
    chieftec is a mixed bag of thing some good some bad but do you really need 1.2kw?

    No but in the future i will have to upgrade to a higher watt psu.
    All i really want to know is if it will last me for 2 years cause by then i will prob change lots of parts.
  15. well the trend is toward less power usage accept nvidia they always seem to pull a carrot out of their ass,they saiying the next evolution will have lower power

    ati lowered power usage with the 5 series
    intel is throwing the lower power usage monikers with sandy bridge due next year
    amd sending the same signals with bulldozer

    i would personally stick to 1 kw it should last well past 2 years unless you planning something crazy like 3 - 4 hey maybe more card capable in future but you'd be hard pressed to max 1000 watts with 2 cards and some crazy overclocking

    here is a nice 1kw at a good price

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817814010
  16. obsidian86 said:
    well the trend is toward less power usage accept nvidia they always seem to pull a carrot out of their ass,they saiying the next evolution will have lower power

    ati lowered power usage with the 5 series
    intel is throwing the lower power usage monikers with sandy bridge due next year
    amd sending the same signals with bulldozer

    i would personally stick to 1 kw it should last well past 2 years unless you planning something crazy like 3 - 4 hey maybe more card capable in future but you'd be hard pressed to max 1000 watts with 2 cards and some crazy overclocking

    here is a nice 1kw at a good price

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817814010

    Ok dude, here is the different PSU choices i have:
    (Please tell me the best one of theese, dont think about wattage and ***, i just want to know the one with best performance)
    Chieftec A-135 Series APS-1000C - 1 kW
    Chieftec Super Series CFT-1200G-DF - 1.2 kW
    Corsair Professional Series HX1000W - 1 kW

    The reason the PSU's are limited, is becouse i live in Norway :P
    but theese are the only ones over 900w
    So im thinking the Corsair OFC! but i dunno what do u think?
  17. corsair is usally solid, do you have a link from where you are buying
  18. corsair it is
  19. obsidian86 said:
    corsair it is

    Cheers m8 :) Finnaly got this build ready to make :D
  20. Just drop the 800D, get the 600T and then you don't have to worry about cooling..

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139003&Tpk=600T
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product