Windows driver disables sound card

JHW

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
win98se - creative sound blaster PCI64 - has been disabled by a windows driver - this driver has worked for years no problem - all of a sudden it becomes disabled - which windows driver would disable it and how do I fix this - need it for my keyboard (piano)

Solution
congrats on still running 98se and not killing yourself. That's one of the most heinous OSes I've ever used.

My suggestion would be to try OLDER versions of the driver, to see if anything changes. I've got more than a few bad releases from Creative.

JHW

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010

yes, I have....a number of times to no avail....the driver is from a legit creative site....would windows decide it is not a legit driver and disable it??

festerovic

Distinguished
congrats on still running 98se and not killing yourself. That's one of the most heinous OSes I've ever used.

My suggestion would be to try OLDER versions of the driver, to see if anything changes. I've got more than a few bad releases from Creative.

Solution

JHW

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
I always though 98 a fairly stable OS....until now...and yes creative has always given me problems....not as bad as this one though....I have a number of computers running different OS...my son is studying programming and likes to see how all the OS work....thanks again for your time....appreciated