OS dissapeared from HDD?

cbram16

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I had to send in my HP Envy M6 laptop to be repaired due to a faulty part. Before I shipped it I took out the hard drive (which had Windows 8) so I could continue to work on my papers and projects for school. I mounted it in a borrowed tower that had Windows 7 and used my hard drive as essentially an external hard drive. I get my laptop back with the part repaired and I proceed to mount my hard drive back into it and start it up and I get a message saying that there is no boot device found. I have gone into bios and rearranged the boot order, which didn't help, and then I did a few tests on the hard drive and it passed all of them. I then tried seeing if I could do a system restore and all of my files, games, etc were all listed, but when I tried to complete the recovery and restart the computer I was given the same message saying that there is no boot device found. So I guess my question is where the hell did my operating system go and how do I get it back?

I should also note I mounted a hard drive with windows 7 in the laptop and that worked fine, so I know it's not the motherboard or anything. I would stick with it, but it has no drivers and HP doesn't over Windows 7 drivers for my laptop model for some odd reason.

TRENDING THREADS