Your question

X1950XT Artifacting - Please Help

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 11, 2010 5:36:52 AM

The card is a Sapphire X1950XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E card. The card was in an older computer and last time I checked about 6 months ago, it was working fine. Now, I get red, blue, and green squares all over the display. This happens immediately on boot and in BIOS.

I have had this card for a while and was planning on using it in a computer that I just put together from extra parts laying around. The motherboard has some crappy integrated video that works, but I was hoping to have something a little bit better in it.

I don't know if there is anything I can do to fix this card. It is probably just it's time to be retired. I was just hoping that if somebody in here might know what could be wrong with it if it might be something that is repairable.

Thanks for the help.

More about : x1950xt artifacting

a c 413 U Graphics card
August 11, 2010 5:52:29 AM

You likely need to retire it. My guess, the VRAM died.

You can try to remove the heatsink clean off all the thermal paste, then replay new thermal paste. But i think it's the VRAM that's the problem.
m
l
August 11, 2010 7:24:13 AM

+1 time to retire.. you had a good run on it though if it just died
m
l
Related resources
a c 197 U Graphics card
August 11, 2010 12:50:20 PM

Your X1950 XT is already gave it's best for a long time, it's time to get a new card, buddy...
m
l
August 11, 2010 10:37:04 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I tried reapplying the heatsink with some new thermal compound but no luck. Oh well. I was hoping to have a second computer that wouldn't cost me anything to put together using older parts.
m
l