X1950XT Artifacting - Please Help

The card is a Sapphire X1950XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E card. The card was in an older computer and last time I checked about 6 months ago, it was working fine. Now, I get red, blue, and green squares all over the display. This happens immediately on boot and in BIOS.

I have had this card for a while and was planning on using it in a computer that I just put together from extra parts laying around. The motherboard has some crappy integrated video that works, but I was hoping to have something a little bit better in it.

I don't know if there is anything I can do to fix this card. It is probably just it's time to be retired. I was just hoping that if somebody in here might know what could be wrong with it if it might be something that is repairable.

Thanks for the help.
4 answers Last reply
More about x1950xt artifacting help
  1. You likely need to retire it. My guess, the VRAM died.

You can try to remove the heatsink clean off all the thermal paste, then replay new thermal paste. But i think it's the VRAM that's the problem.
  2. +1 time to retire.. you had a good run on it though if it just died
  3. Your X1950 XT is already gave it's best for a long time, it's time to get a new card, buddy...
  4. Thanks for the responses guys. I tried reapplying the heatsink with some new thermal compound but no luck. Oh well. I was hoping to have a second computer that wouldn't cost me anything to put together using older parts.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics