Toshiba Satellite A60 disassembly, manuals available?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 29, 2004 9:59:54 PM

A friend of mine just got a new notebook and his 2 yr old son bent something
on the DVD tray. It wont close. It would be nice to have a service manual
if there is one, I couldn't find it on the Toshiba web site.

OR, I just need to know if the DVD drive can be removed by taking off the
back panel, or if I need to remove the keyboard. Any tips?

THANKS!
--Dan
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 30, 2004 12:38:05 AM

The drive can be removed, but I don't know the exact process. Most
likely, one or two screws on the back and one or two more from inside,
under the keyboard, but you probably don't have to take the computer
apart beyond removing the keyboard.

Sorry, I don't have a manual.

dg wrote:

> A friend of mine just got a new notebook and his 2 yr old son bent something
> on the DVD tray. It wont close. It would be nice to have a service manual
> if there is one, I couldn't find it on the Toshiba web site.
>
> OR, I just need to know if the DVD drive can be removed by taking off the
> back panel, or if I need to remove the keyboard. Any tips?
>
> THANKS!
> --Dan

December 30, 2004 4:14:00 AM

Hello Dan
The Toshiba site is very good
I have attached a long URL that should (I hope) take you straight to
the A20 manual download
- If this does not work, surf the Toshiba site through products to
laptops to support to downloads for A20 and you should find the manual
in the listing.
- Hope this helps

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlVie...
signed
Ed
a b D Laptop
December 30, 2004 5:52:15 PM

That is the user guide. He wanted to take the unit apart, he would need
the service manual, which is not available on the end-user consumer site.

Ed wrote:
> Hello Dan
> The Toshiba site is very good
> I have attached a long URL that should (I hope) take you straight to
> the A20 manual download
> - If this does not work, surf the Toshiba site through products to
> laptops to support to downloads for A20 and you should find the manual
> in the listing.
> - Hope this helps
>
> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlVie...
> signed
> Ed

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 31, 2004 10:28:44 PM

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:59:54 GMT, "dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote:

>A friend of mine just got a new notebook and his 2 yr old son bent something
>on the DVD tray. It wont close. It would be nice to have a service manual
>if there is one, I couldn't find it on the Toshiba web site.
>
>OR, I just need to know if the DVD drive can be removed by taking off the
>back panel, or if I need to remove the keyboard. Any tips?
>
>THANKS!
>--Dan

I opened up a Toshiba A60 before at work and this may be able to help
you. I am attaching it with this message. I know that this is a
binaries group but what the heck. rules are meant to be broken if it's
going to help someone.
!