I can't not set home page in Internet Explorer

I use windows xp professinal edition. Now I got a problem that I can't not
set homepage in it. when I try the input a http address in homepage setting
box, it will be come back to about blank status. I have try to edit windows
registry to solve the problem, but I don't know which entry I should edit it.
I only know that under Current user\software\microsoft\internet
explorer\main\homepage to set a new homepage entry. But it doesn't work after
I close the registry editor. It seems I cann't change homepage setting. Can
someone can tell me in which location I should modify the registry key so
that I can set homepage.
thanks a lot!
2 answers Last reply
More about home page internet explorer

    Hi

    Please run the following programs to see if there is any spyware on your
    system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
    CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    http://www.javacoolsoftware.co­m/spywareblaster.html

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.ht­m
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/un­wanted.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "lasso" <lasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I use windows xp professinal edition. Now I got a problem that I can't not
    > set homepage in it. when I try the input a http address in homepage
    > setting
    > box, it will be come back to about blank status. I have try to edit
    > windows
    > registry to solve the problem, but I don't know which entry I should edit
    > it.
    > I only know that under Current user\software\microsoft\internet
    > explorer\main\homepage to set a new homepage entry. But it doesn't work
    > after
    > I close the registry editor. It seems I cann't change homepage setting.
    > Can
    > someone can tell me in which location I should modify the registry key so
    > that I can set homepage.
    > thanks a lot!

    thanks!

    “Will Denny�编写:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please run the following programs to see if there is any spyware on your
    > system:
    >
    > Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    > Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
    > CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
    > Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
    >
    > Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:
    >
    > http://www.javacoolsoftware.co­m/spywareblaster.html
    >
    > Also see the following links:
    >
    > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.ht­m
    > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/un­wanted.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "lasso" <lasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I use windows xp professinal edition. Now I got a problem that I can't not
    > > set homepage in it. when I try the input a http address in homepage
    > > setting
    > > box, it will be come back to about blank status. I have try to edit
    > > windows
    > > registry to solve the problem, but I don't know which entry I should edit
    > > it.
    > > I only know that under Current user\software\microsoft\internet
    > > explorer\main\homepage to set a new homepage entry. But it doesn't work
    > > after
    > > I close the registry editor. It seems I cann't change homepage setting.
    > > Can
    > > someone can tell me in which location I should modify the registry key so
    > > that I can set homepage.
    > > thanks a lot!

Configuration Internet Explorer Microsoft Registry Windows XP