Intel i3-2100
ECS H67H2-M Black Deluxe
Twinmos 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333 MHz
Samsung HD204UI 2TB
Liteon DVD +/- RW
Thermaltake Toughpower 600W PSU
Philips 47" LCD TV connected via HDMI

Question;
in BIOS i can see that the DIMM voltages are set to auto, and the voltage values are 1.562V.

Is this ok or should i up the voltages...conversely should i under volt it?

I checked up twinmos' site but couldn't locate my memory dimms even with a serial number check, but found that their DDR3 dimms are spec'd to run @ 1.5V +/- .075V

any help is appreciated.

More about : ecs h67h2 bsod

a b V Motherboard
August 11, 2011 11:02:43 AM

are you overclocking them? if not then why would you Overvolt them? are they unstable at stock?

undervolting would slightly lessen the power draw, but for a desktop plugged in at the wall its a non-issue.

It sounds like they are running fine and dandy within spec.
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 11, 2011 4:15:47 PM

Download and run CPUID CPUZ.
At the top are two memory tabs. The first one will show what the memory is running at. The 2nd tab will provide settings for different configurations. Look to see if there is an XMP settings.

If the memory has a stored profile (XMP), then go into bios and enable "use XMP" this should set the memory to correct speed (1333), correct CL ratings (ie cl7,8,or 9) and set the voltage to 1.5 V.

Next. Download prime 95, install also download HWMonitor and install.
Open up hardare monitor so that you can monitor temps. Run prime 95, MONITOR temps closely for first 15 Mins, if hitting 80+ C then terminate. If temps are OK then leave running for 4->8 hrs to verify that your system is stable - Should be but always a good check for a new system and/or if you change memory modules or settings.
Score
Related resources
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 11, 2011 4:49:36 PM

I agree with the CPU-z to review both the XMP {if applicable} and the JEDEC listed Frequency, CAS and Voltages - 'SPD' tab. Note the voltages per DDR 1333 {667 MHz} XMP vs JEDEC can be different. I have a tendency to use the higher voltage.

Further, I never trust BIOS 'SPD' to make the right choices, and I always set my RAM manually: DRAM Frequency, DRAM Voltage, CAS Timings including the Command Rate. I'm not a fan of XMP either, certain MOBO's get unstable in XMP especially Gigabyte.
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 11, 2011 7:10:04 PM

erm, okay thas a lot of info :)  thanks you guys!

About XMP , I'll give it a look - though if memory serves me right, the dimms don't have XMP profiles. Within BIOS i can set the command rate to auto, 1T, 2T.

Quote:
are you overclocking them? if not then why would you Overvolt them? are they unstable at stock?
Since this is a H67 mobo, I can't OC or do anything with the ram timmings - contrary to what most people on Tom's have been saying...the only thing that I can touch is the voltages and ofcourse, the IMC, iGPU voltages (which are all set to default) and thus the OC'ing of the iGPU but ram is locked @1333MHz max.

The only reason I'm asking about the dimm voltages is because I've been having BSOD's galore and anything I do gives me a BSOD. Just a while ago I found out the 250GB Seagate HDD was a faulty and that removed the f4 BSOD code from the equation. But when installing MS office 2007 from an image file(via daemon tools), it gave a BSOD and a restart with a error code 101.

I'm fine with the specs that are running at the moment, just that some hickups are seen with usb HDD's when i plug them in.

so second question, can ram voltages(or instability) cause USB ports to give an error?

Quote:
I'm not a fan of XMP either, certain MOBO's get unstable in XMP especially Gigabyte.
yeah I hear ya on that note! no XMP for me ,too may woes with XMS3 dimms that made me turn my head the other way:) 

Quote:
I agree with the CPU-z to review both the XMP {if applicable} and the JEDEC listed Frequency, CAS and Voltages - 'SPD' tab. Note the voltages per DDR 1333 {667 MHz} XMP vs JEDEC can be different. I have a tendency to use the higher voltage.

Further, I never trust BIOS 'SPD' to make the right choices, and I always set my RAM manually: DRAM Frequency, DRAM Voltage, CAS Timings including the Command Rate. I'm not a fan of XMP either, certain MOBO's get unstable in XMP especially Gigabyte.
OKAY! :) 

select the highest spec'd voltage, set voltages that are on CPU-Z that concur to 9-9-9-24, but what if the command rates line is blank :/ ?

Thank you all for the input!!!
Score
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 11, 2011 7:41:19 PM

9.999/10 the Command Rate = 2T {2N same thing}. If it's fully stable you can leave it at 1T {1N}.
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 14, 2011 5:03:50 PM

jedec freq's were all spec'd @ 1.5V and the highest was 9-9-24 1.5V while the command rate was blank. Set the voltages to operate @ 1.512V(can't go below that as it goes to 1.464V so i left it @ 1.512V. Since the command rate was blank, i left the command rate in BIOS @ 2T. has been running nicely - without any hickups except for the fact that i get a BSOD error code 101(which is driver related issue). would you guys have any input on that?

but thanks all for all the input.
Score
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 14, 2011 5:55:01 PM

Look at the Event Manager {edit Critical errors} and Google the driver codes. Also double-check that you installed all of the latest drivers from the MOBO's site, and there's no {! or ?} listed in the Device Manager.

If the problem persists then there 'may' be a conflict, if so the run MSCONFIG -> Diagnostic --- test1 --- then add go to Normal and turn-off ALL non Microsoft Services and ALL Startup items --- test2 --- then turn-on ALL services --- test3 --- then 2-3 at a time Startup items --- test4...testx.

Score
a b V Motherboard
August 14, 2011 6:09:10 PM

Quote:
Also double-check that you installed all of the latest drivers from the MOBO's site, and there's no {! or ?} listed in the Device Manager.
triple checked, downloaded all the drivers from ECS' site. turns out they weren't up to date. donloaded all drivers off intel, realtek and Etron for drivers and software.

No crtitical errors of any sort. I even opened a thread on seven forums for the help...thas how i located the error down to a faulty HDD (the 250GB Seagate HDD which was a boot drive) butthe USB issue has persisited and one more thing, i can;t shutdown the rig. once i press shutdown via start menu, the rig shuts down - but then powers back up from a cold boot - lights and evrything shut down fine until 4 seconds later it powers back up...really baffled.

Quote:
If the problem persists then there 'may' be a conflict, if so the run MSCONFIG -> Diagnostic --- test1 --- then add go to Normal and turn-off ALL non Microsoft Services and ALL Startup items --- test2 --- then turn-on ALL services --- test3 --- then 2-3 at a time Startup items --- test4...testx.

erm, i'll do that but then again I bought two boards of this model and make. The other rig only had a 320GB HDD and axfx 450W psu and was built for office use. This HTPC rig however has been throwing monkey wrenches at me since day one while the other is fine with all and any instalation - though plugging in a 640GB USB 3.0 portable HDD did give a BSOD code 101.

sorry for the long post jaquith, bro...haven't had a good nights rest cos of all this back and forth :/ 
Score
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 14, 2011 7:08:26 PM

Let's look at some brief history and THIS Thread. Your posts:
1. Memory voltage/settings questions.
2. OLD + apparently FIXED HDD firmware issue.
3. NEW - BSOD error code 101(which is driver related issue)

In item #3, a BSOD + Driver is going to generate a Critical error log; if it's not there then I would assume that you deleted it -- including re-installation of OS.

Most '101' that I've seen e.g. 0X00000101 are CPU related, but power settings waking, bad PSU, bad power, etc can also cause these errors. You stated "BSOD error code 101(which is driver related issue)" so I assumed you SAW an error log. My response is also eliminate typical drivers errors and not second guess you. I've seen where people have connected the 'dots' of a 101 to AV Apps, etc.

BIOS -> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail...

IMO - update the BIOS and increase the vCore, Test and see what happens.

Now USB Drives, if you are running ANY backup App including Windows Backup IF the OS is in say Hybrid Sleep S3 + S4 and for ANY reason it doesn't 'wake' in time then YEP it's going to generate a an Error log entry. In particular, USB external drives are notorious for causing this problem. Personally, I prefer either Windows Server, NAS, eSATA or internal drives for 'back-ups.'

IF you'd like link the other Thread.

------------- HDDS -------------
1. SSD/HDD - Firmware up to date
2. FULL Formatting ONLY prior to OS
3. BIOS AHCI
4. NO USB Drives eSATA or SATA only {consumer PC}
5. Verify AHCI drivers are running in Windows
*. Registry -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
*. Verify Registry -> http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/Jaquith/AHCI_...

---------- WINDOWS ----------
edit: My way of dealing with OS issues is to have a 'short toleration':
1. Verify BIOS is up to date.
2. Drives are up to date
3. App conflicts; see MSCONFIG above.
4. Eliminate H/W issues
5. REFORMAT and RE-INSTALL ; I don't screw around with Windows - if it's giving me issues - poof it's gone. TOO MUCH TIME IS WASTED FIXING WINDOWS!
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 14, 2011 8:21:45 PM

Quote:
TOO MUCH TIME IS WASTED FIXING WINDOWS!
POINT, SET and MATCH!!! amen to that bro!!! :/ 

Quote:
In item #3, a BSOD + Driver is going to generate a Critical error log; if it's not there then I would assume that you deleted it -- including re-installation of OS.
:lol:  okay i overlooked that...but will need a look into it.

------------- HDDS -------------
1. HDD - Firmware up to date - checking it out
2. FULL Formatting ONLY prior to OS - done that
3. BIOS AHCI - yeeeeup :) 
4. NO USB Drives eSATA or SATA only {consumer PC} - except for a logitech MK260 wireless keyboard/mouse combo receiver USB dongle
5. Verify AHCI drivers are running in Windows - um i installed Intel RST 10.6 and yeah they work fine but will check it out when I'm going to his house tomorrow morning/afternoon
*. Registry -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
*. Verify Registry -> http://i1013.photobucket.com/album [...] tart_0.jpg - will look at that as well

---------- WINDOWS ----------
edit: My way of dealing with OS issues is to have a 'short toleration':
1. Verify BIOS is up to date - have flashed it to the latest prior to creating this thread
2. Drives are up to date - all the latest, cross-referenced on other sites and forums to check if they were legit. Intel & Realtek
3. App conflicts; see MSCONFIG above.
4. Eliminate H/W issues - chucked the seagate HDD in a corner haven't turned towards it yet

the thread posted up on sevenforums

Quote:
Now USB Drives
its not a backup device/drive, i had some movies that we were swapping between rigs and laptops until i was downloading it to his pc...then the BSOD code - well ofcourse, it doesn't detect it at all(and then it givces the blasted BSOD... same problem with 160GB WD elements drive, 250GB elements and 640GB Transcend USB 3.0 rugged HDD. but a 1GB pendrive is fine by the HTPC... :ouch: 

5. REFORMAT and RE-INSTALL ; already did that 3 times since, plus a clrcmos to get everything back to default.

please forgive me for wasting your time... :/ 

P.S;
CPU related? what if the CPU had pin marks on them prior to me buying the mobo and cpu from retailer?
PSU - was a direct hand down to my pal, before that it powered this rig; Rig 1 in member config.

Q9550 E0
Asus Rampage Extreme w/Supreme FX X-Fi
OCZ 4GB 1333Mhz DDR3 Platinum Edition
Corsair H50 modded w/ Fusion block system, dual rad w/ p/p
320GB WD Blue 16MB - OS Drive
2x500GB WD Caviar Green 32MB in Raid 0
500GB WD Blue 32MB
80GB Seagate Barracuda (pata)
Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD+/-RW
XFX Radeon 6870 Black Edition 1GB DDR5
Thermaltake Spedo
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W
Creative I-trigue L3800
Samsung P2350
Microsoft Xbox360 Wireless Controller
Microsoft x6 + x8
Score
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 14, 2011 10:04:17 PM

I quickly looked at the (3) Dump files, not really my thing, but I understand them well enough.

I also note stuff like "BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe" ; this just opens the doors and you know it. I also noted you have a lot of 'drives' listed; they could be just partitioned. Nor am I a lover of EASEUS. I also noted that you had those drives with God knows what on them and no AV running...

IMO - seeing {wininit.exe & csrss.exe} just screams of Window corruption, now maybe it's just coincidence and it was some HDD firmware thing, but I'd start really hard scanning for Worms, Trojans and alike. Scan ALL drives & partitions.
1. ESET -> http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner
2. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware -> http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
3. Windows startup repair -> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/fe...

Failure:
FULL BLOWN BREADBOARD with (1) HDD/SSD {primary}. No USB Headers, Front Panel, etc. FULL reformatting {not to be confused with Quick Format. OS + NO Apps except Prime95 + Temp App e.g. HWMonitor; stress 1 hour & Memtest 1 Hour then put back in case with NO additional drives - TEST AGAIN.

Next Install KNOWN good and Commercial Apps ---- later ----- GOOD commercial AV e.g. ESET or NAV/NIS ---- add 'other drives' BUT only after they've been 'dewormed'.

Dumps:
[C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\080811-16426-01.dmp]
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

wininit.exe

[C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\080911-16848-01.dmp]
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2

csrss.exe

[C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\080911-21356-01.dmp]
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2

csrss.exe
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 14, 2011 10:47:09 PM

okay, now you're turning out to be my savior...yeah i also know you're going out of your way to look at those dump files:)  God bless you!!!

after that last dump file post, i installed bitdefender 2010 with all the latest updates.

hmmm... I will post back with all the results once i have them parts in my sights

:) 
Score
a c 973 V Motherboard
August 15, 2011 11:44:44 AM

The title of this topic has been edited by Area51reopened
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2011 12:17:02 PM

Here i am !!! This is me, I'm right I wanna be...okay I'll cut with the lame gay music :lol: 

here is my findings. Thanks to jaquith I managed to get the error code from the event viewer page. Turns out the critical error is reporting this for everytime the BSOD happened ; The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

but didn't find any error code. However I did find in the error menu a code 0xC0000D or something like it. Googled it and also went through the steps to rectify the BCD file corruption. All went well(according to cmd) but still no go. The rig doesn't power down, it only reboots. Looked at the partition table as well. retified it.

When i went to connect the USB HDD I got the message that a device driver was being installed. However the popup later says it can't install device and then crashes with a error code 0x124 - googled that and its a hardware malfunction relating to the CPU and/or mobo.

SO i'm going ahead with the RMA process from where i made the purchase. I even opened a support ticket with ECS - this is their response;
Quote:
If you confirm the board is faulty, please refer to the following website to provide us the S/N, It includes one letter +five numbers + one letter + eight numbers . Then we will have RMA service for you. Thanks!

after all that I've been through would you guys null out the fact that the mobo is the issue(and probably the cpu in it)?
Score
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 16, 2011 12:25:23 PM

0X00000124 << Incorrect QPI/VTT/VCCIO Voltage (To Much/Not Enough)

Try increasing to 1.20v.
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2011 9:29:41 PM

jaquith said:
0X00000124 << Incorrect QPI/VTT/VCCIO Voltage (To Much/Not Enough)

Try increasing to 1.20v.

um could you guide me to where it would be in BIOS; i did a google search of it, didn't turn up anything. :/ 

Score

Best solution

a c 716 V Motherboard
August 16, 2011 10:04:04 PM

QPI/VTT/VCCIO/IMC Voltage -> 1.20v

DIMM Voltage -> 1.50v~1.55v
IMC Voltage -> 1.20v

Those are all the same thing, it's the CPU's IMC {Integrated Memory Controller} voltage. At least your BIOS uses a name that makes sense!

Let me know & Good Luck! :) 
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2011 10:13:39 PM

Quote:
At least your BIOS uses a name that makes sense!

:lol:  well i'm going away from my town for a few days, will post back with results in 4 days time.

the previous pick is from a review.
This however,

is a pic of the htpc's settings. The IMC is the only thing I haven't touched (throughout this whole ordeal) and the DIMM voltages are 1.512V (not whats on the pic).
Score
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 16, 2011 10:18:58 PM

Take care - let me know. Enjoy :) 
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2011 7:50:28 PM

RIGHT! [:jaydeejohn:3]

now, I've managed some time to post back for the eager boys and gals, following this! Jaquith , You were of great help bro! GOD BLESS!

here's how the follow up goes;
Quote:
QPI/VTT/VCCIO/IMC Voltage -> 1.20v

DIMM Voltage -> 1.50v~1.55v
IMC Voltage -> 1.20v

Those are all the same thing, it's the CPU's IMC {Integrated Memory Controller} voltage. At least your BIOS uses a name that makes sense!
after this i set about doing a lil more google-ing and (not that I'm doubting Jaquiths judgement) but i wanted to find more on the IMC voltages and i came across these links;

BSOD Error codes....

and this

The ULTIMATE Sandy Bridge OC Guide + P67A-UD7 Performance Review - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

both of them show this info;
Quote:
BSOD codes for overclocking
0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease QPI/VTT first, if not increase/decrease vcore... H67/P67 increase/decrease Vcore first then qpi/vtt second.
on i7 45nm, usually means too little VVT/QPI for the speed of Uncore
on i7 32nm SB, usually means too little vCore
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1E = increase vcore
0x3B = increase vcore
0x3D = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary, can also be unstable Ram, raise Ram voltage
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x109 = Not enough or too Much memory voltage
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
0x7E = Corrupted OS file, possibly from overclocking. Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r

This is taken from XS Forum. A user there posted this. Thought it would help over here..

*QPI/VTT/IMC are the same

so i set about doing some more tweaking and bumped up the voltages of the mobo in M.I.B III tab as;
command rate : 2T
CPU voltage : 1.188V
VDIMM voltage : 1.535V (staying within 1.50~1.55V)
IMC voltage : 1.200V

the system's (i meant the office rig and the HTPC, since both are configured the same except for PSU and HDD) are both stable, without a BSOD code and can accept large format portable HDD's.

* Though there is a small issue, I can't hook up two large format USB HDD's to work, they detect and un-detect (if there's such a word) until i disconnect the second drive from USB port. This happens irrespective of front or rear USB ports.

awaiting your reply...even though this thread is as good as closed, post a 'best-answer" session :) 
Score
a c 295 V Motherboard
September 2, 2011 10:20:35 PM

This topic has been closed by SAINT19
Score
!